No reverse lights

Started by tiinytina, March 01, 2010, 01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiinytina

Sent: 6/1/2008

ok... I now have no reverse lights but I don't know where to complete my search for the problem. I found one bulb burnt out so new bulb and cleaned socket, checked other bulb is fine, Fuse in dash that runs B/U and turn is fine and turn signals work....  I did not have an electric meter to check if there was power to the light sockets. I checked under the rig and the wiring to the lights doesn't seem to run under the rig so I suspect it runs through it. I'm not sure if/where the switch for this may be? or in line fuse etc. As per usual there is a bundle of wires that run out of the steering column area so I'm not sure where to even start with that.... And yes I searched the boards...

Thanks!
tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

4winds

Reverse lights usually work off the rev selector in transmission. Look for wiring on trans-might be with neutral safety switch

ibdilbert01

Not sure if you have a gm, dodge or ford chassis, but on the dodges the reverse lights do work off the neutral safety switch located on the drivers side of the transmission. There are three wires on a plug to control the ground to the starting relay, but also work the reverse lights. Usually the leak a bit of tranny fluid when they go out, but not always.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

MSN Member

Sent: 6/2/2008

Hi Tina,your switch is on the bottom of the steering column becuase you have a GM.
Be sure to check the ground to your reverse lights.

tiinytina

Sent: 6/3/2008

thanks. P30 Chevy chassis... I may have disturbed the switch when I was cutting out and replacing all the carpet in the cockpit... I'll check next chance I get....
thanks!
tina

tiinytina

Sent: 6/18/2008

OK stupid question.... what does this supposed switch look like? I'm going to attempt to tackle it this afternoon....

Tina

4winds

Sent: 6/18/2008

it looks like this its on the steering column

tiinytina

D:oH! ok and the answer to my no reverse lights was..... yes I truly am blonde.... I had used a 2 pole bulb in a one pole socket! Bulb was old didn't even look at the base just at the size and put in an 1175 two pole bulb...  D:oH!.....   

Tina