Old man found new home!!!

Started by DRMousseau, November 12, 2014, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRMousseau

Not sure how, but it jus happened!!!

Recently saw a '73 D20 Brave for $2000 listed locally on Craigslist,... hadn't ever considered an RV before, but current circumstances dictated that I should at least consider the option, so I went the next day to take a look. I arrived to find the price dropped to $1800 and was rather shocked to find a 40yr old RV that ran and was in GREAT mechanicàl condition!!! Sure it was old, but tires and all said I could drive a thousand miles with no problem. Everything else was basic enough that I could easily repair as needed. Told the guy I'd think about it, two days later stopped to see if it was still available,... it was, and only $1650!!! How could I go wrong!?! I bought it and drove it home!!!

Well,.... I wasn't dissapointed!!! I replaced a rusty 12V breaker, and it MIGHT need a few other things. Electrical, AC, DC, and Generator systems all work as is!!! Refrigerator is in AWESOME condition and works completely. All propane systems (fridge, stove, oven, heater) all work as they should with nothing needed!!! Water system was previously (and poorly) replaced, but works. And blackwater tank is badly broken and in need of replacement.

Chassis is gonna need new front brake cylinder lines, a bit old, cracked, dry, and weak. But nothing more is in critical need of repair!!!

Think I found me a new home!!!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

cosmic

welcome to the nut house. :)rotflmao great find... but your best find was this web site..

DRMousseau

Oh I do agree with finding this website!!!! Gonna need as much info as possible!! Always been good mechanically with strong electrical background and engineering basics,.... but can ALWAYS learn more!!!

Didn't mention anything of interior condition,... but it too is in WONDERFUL condition!!!! It appears to have had some roof damage, and repaired quite good with new interior ceiling, supports, and a new full rubber roof!!! Heavy autumn rains, and recent snows and melts,.... and no evidence of any leaks ANYWHERE!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Schmitti

Have fun with your new home and so little work  :)clap

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Bnova

Cool, I just got one too.  Pretty excited.

So you'll be a fulltimer?

LJ-TJ

Well, welcome aboard. It's a hole new adventure.

DRMousseau

Yep! Pretty much full-time for a few years,... Jan-May in Florida, Jun-July thru out Michigan!!! Maybe 3000mi-5000mi a year.
It runs good, don't need much,... And I'm retired now! Yea!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Bnova

NottooldNottoyoung

Good find and enjoy the journey!

Able to post pictures of the inside?

DRMousseau

1200 MILES,... No problem!!! Now in Sunny Warm Florida!!! Spent 2 nights on the road in GREAT comfort, gettin here.
About 7.7mpg on average,... that's ACTUAL milage,... by the odometer I get about 9mpg, but it seems to in error by about 10% or so. Never paid more than $2 a gallon all the way here! Kept speed to about 50-55mph for the most part and was comfortable. Because of speedometer error, I never saw it much over 60 (although I punched it once jus to see what it would do,.... got it up to 80 and it sputtered a bit,... Needed more gas!). But no tire heat at all,... Runnin 70psi in rear and 65psi up front. Handled good even in wind and passing trucks.

It's now my home,... stayin wherever folks will let me park it. Did I mention I also drive it to work too??? Thinkin about a li'l 250 Ninja for runnin about and commutin'!!!

Yup!!! Gonna like this,... ALOT!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Bnova

Very cool, congratulations!! :)clap  I'm jealous

NottooldNottoyoung

Quote from: DRMousseau on January 04, 2015, 12:26 AM
1200 MILES,... No problem!!! Now in Sunny Warm Florida!!! Spent 2 nights on the road in GREAT comfort, gettin here.
About 7.7mpg on average,... that's ACTUAL milage,... by the odometer I get about 9mpg, but it seems to in error by about 10% or so. Never paid more than $2 a gallon all the way here! Kept speed to about 50-55mph for the most part and was comfortable. Because of speedometer error, I never saw it much over 60 (although I punched it once jus to see what it would do,.... got it up to 80 and it sputtered a bit,... Needed more gas!). But no tire heat at all,... Runnin 70psi in rear and 65psi up front. Handled good even in wind and passing trucks.

It's now my home,... stayin wherever folks will let me park it. Did I mention I also drive it to work too??? Thinkin about a li'l 250 Ninja for runnin about and commutin'!!!

Yup!!! Gonna like this,... ALOT!!!

The old gal still has it in her!

What part are Florida?

LJ-TJ

Sounds like a great adventure. Keep and eye out old Frank may show up on your door step. Especially if you love fishing. :laugh:

cosmic

I just got back from Naples on Friday. It was 80 deg. or so for the last 3 weeks. Made it back to Ontario to get hit with an artic freeze. -20 F with the wind chill. I'm asking myself now. why the hell im here  D:oH! D:oH!. and how the heck do I Get a green card. (or do you need one for your own business. or is it call something else)
I must say I didn't see any other vintage bagos any where in site. I did see a couple in South Carolina.
Got to love those gas prices. the cheapest I found it was 1.90 a gallon. It makes me want to do more traveling.
well I need to make some more money in order to play some more. Back to the frozen grind stone.  N:(

I no I could make A PRITTY PENNY welding boats and all kinds of stuff down in Florida. i??

Hay best of luck with your new home old man. keep us posted