1984 winnebago wcn 26 RH project

Started by ezra38, March 19, 2014, 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezra38

Have had this a couple of years finally getting a chance to work on it, Lucky all manual's and maintenance records where with rv first two owners took good care of it 3rd owner well lets just say  $@!#@! . Thought i would start out simple and check the cruise control since it was just lying in the floor boy oh boy what a can of worms, here is a link to my photo album so you can see  http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=606

TripleJ

The grey box for my cruise control is also flopping around under the dash... Also the little inductive pickup the is suppose to sense a spark plug wire is zip tied to the harness under the engine cover.

I'll be following along to see if you make progress with this
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

legomybago

Make sure your cruise control vacuum can mounted on top of your upper radiator brace is grounded good. The whole cruise system that is bolted to that brace, has to be grounded for your cruise to work. I had that issue before..
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

ezra38

Thank you legomybago for the advice,I tested all electrical the way the manual said and all of its working other than the on off switch on the turn signal not making good contact every now and then,after finding the mess at fuse block been tracking down wire's all day  :'( . checked under front hood at vacuum can and all looked good, sensor on transmission is still hooked up so i'll have to do a road test to see.

Stripe

I remember the only thing I had to fix to get my CC to work was hooking up all vac lines..  Easy Peezy..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ezra38

Right now trying to figure out why PO cut the fuel pump wire at the frame coming from the oil pressure switch and ran small speaker wire to a toggle switch for the fuel pump to work  D:oH!  Which brought on the next find while tracing wires yesterday i came across the vacuum tubes going to the cab heater control,i knew when i drove it home that the heater would only blow out air to the defrost vent,so like a fork in the road i turned left and started tracing where they came unhooked at,after lying on my back on the dog hose and feeling under dash i found the other tubes next question how to get to them first thought was to remove glove box but unless you like to drill and re pop rivet bad ideal. The way i finally done was to remove the defrost vent once you take out the 2 screws and raise it up you can take the clamp loose and just push the hose back in the hole,once thats done you can see the end of the tubes but the hole is only 2.7/8 inch so unless you have a small hand you have to go under dash,the tubes are hard plastic and plugged in to a rubber connector that was completely dry rotted what i done was cut the end of the tubes off the connector and used  1/8 vacuum line to connect it back together the fun parts is reconnecting them, you have to run both hands under dash while you look thru the vent hole and if your like me have to hold a small flash light in your mouth to see because you forgot to run a light so you could see  D:oH!   just be sure to connect them back to the same color or your vents won't work right.

ezra38

This is what it looks like  when finished. Both pic's don't show it but they are 3 tube's an d something i left out was while i had it all apart was to take a hand vacuum pump and connect to each line and pull a vacuum you should be to hear the vent flaps move and and it should hold a vacuum if the diaphragms are good if not it will give you an ideal which one is bad.

ezra38

Weep holes do have a purpose please do not fill them with silicone.That is what i done today taking a small knife and flat screw driver and cleaning them out.

Stripe

Oooh, I discovered a new use for my hand vacuum pump.  (HEY, NO SNICKERING! I HEAR YOU MIKE!!)
Fredric,

M & J

M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

Now Mike,  me thinks he is worried you would make something out of that!  Any idea what he means?
[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Its not mine, baby!  I swear!

Austin Powers reference...lmfao!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.