Recent posts

Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 23, 2024, 12:15 AM
All the pieces are made..Need to screw and glue it all together..Just held with clamps right now..Once everything is solid then I need to sand and shape the pieces to smooth them over and blend them together

A ton of work!!
Coach / Re: 1978 chieftain 26ft furnac...
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 22, 2024, 10:51 PM
https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2214.msg102527#new

Here is a thread about resizing your pictures..Each picture must be less than 1 MB..4 pictures on each post..
Last post by David.lgtwks - April 22, 2024, 10:28 PM
Its says my pic files are to large for this 20 year old chat room stuff. 520-808-6531. Text me and I will send all my pictures.
Last post by David.lgtwks - April 22, 2024, 10:23 PM
I had the same problem with my 78 winnebago. I found a good condition replacement on eBay. I got lucky, I watched and hunted til I found it. I haven't fully installed yet til complete my cabinet,  but I set it where it once was. You can tell because how the vent outside is the same shape and size.
Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by originalkwyjibo - April 22, 2024, 01:48 PM
Nevermind, just made it to page 10 and saw the post about the transfer of the site and the loss of all the photos.
Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: BRAKE PROBLEMS
Last post by Eyez Open - April 22, 2024, 11:16 AM
If you've effectively bled the master next step is the proportional valve. Simply pull the exit line pressurize the system and verify. Just follow the links down.

It's not at all uncommon for these old p32 to have soft compliant rubber brake lines. That are rotten/deterioration in the core. Meaning the lines are shot and plugging up solid.
Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: 1984 CHIEFTAIN P-30, REAR ...
Last post by johnfrederick - April 22, 2024, 06:19 AM
Thanks, Eyez. That makes sense.

I installed the new master cylinder about a year ago. It was bench bled and installed.
Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: TH 475 Takedown & Inspecti...
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 22, 2024, 01:04 AM
Quote from: Eyez Open on April 21, 2024, 09:11 PMthis 475 I have shifts like a sledge hammer now I really like that needless to say

That is something that is nice about automatic transmissions..You can make it shift like a soft pillow or like the hammer of Thor..

That is what kills transmissions..the soft shift..it is done with slippage of the clutch packs and bands..

I went full Thor's Hammer with the A-727 and I am really wanting to know how it does..Soon enough..

I have a pickup with a Ford 460 and the C-6 and did the same hammer and what is nice is the fluid is like it is new..pink red..That is because of the solid no slippage shifting..

Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: 1984 CHIEFTAIN P-30, REAR ...
Last post by Eyez Open - April 21, 2024, 09:40 PM
There really is no tourqe method.

I'll try to make this simple,spin the tire and lock down the nut, quite tight some say 70ftlbs.. Then loosen the nut to almost fingertight just a smidge more than finger tight.

Then rotate the tire a very firmly give it a kick, look closely feel closely for any wobble/oscillation.

The big picture here is your pressing the hub/bearings into the race for a nice tight fit. Don't forget your Carter key...lol
Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: TH 475 Takedown & Inspecti...
Last post by Eyez Open - April 21, 2024, 09:11 PM
I'm all over that mod as soon as I get things in order. Right now I'm just tinkering around with small stuff. Getting ready for the big first drive moment..This I can tell you disciplined thought is first and foremost, getting out of control can get really easy such as curtains. They really are costly.

Actually it's a tough deal, this 475 I have shifts like a sledge hammer now I really like that needless to say