73 Brave (Dodge) Pedal Brake Spring Connection

Started by Frank M, August 31, 2010, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank M

My brake lights began staying on and upon investigation I noticed the pedal return spring is hanging from the booster. My question is: What does the other end of the spring connect to? I can not find any place to hook the spring. Is there a part missing? I saw in another post that there is an exstension of some sort mentioned??? Any one have any pictures or details on where to hook it. It would be a great help. Thanks

ibdilbert01

Maybe this picture from the 69-77 Dodge service manual will be of help?  Page 5-50, regarding the M300 Chassis.

BTW, in case you don't already own one, you can buy a copy of the manual in the store section of the site.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Frank M

Thanks for the picture. I do own a service manual but unfortunately it has this same picture in it and it does not show the return spring. I'll keep looking and if all else fails I'll make a hook with cable and a turnbuckle or eye-bolt.

mrtaylor

I have a 1973 dodge chassis. Tomorrow I will be working on it, I will take a picture of the booster. To dark to do it right now.

Mark

ibdilbert01

Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Frank M

Thanks! These show me exactly what I need. I am missing the extension. Looks like it is just a piece of wire. My spring is still connected to the booster and I could see how it would reach anything to attach it. Your photos tell me the whole story. Thanks again for your time and help. I'll have something to do tomorrow evening!

Oz

Excellent!  Let us know if you find exactly what you need, or if you use something else to fix it.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

mrtaylor

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Frank M

Thanks again for all of the pictures. I made an extension using a round tent stake that I had laying around.  I just straightened it out and then bent a hook on each side. It was just long enough to have full hooks on each end and puts just enough tension on the spring to keep it tight. It was not to bad to get it in and hooked. Being 6'1" and about 285 lbs it was probably a funny site seeing me stuck up into the wheel well! Thanks again for all the help.