Winnebago Brave 1975 - Need Oil Level Indicator Tubes (upper and lower)

Started by willgin857, May 13, 2013, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willgin857

Can't find oil level indicator tubes, upper and lower, Dodge parts 3733-737 and 3733-736. Contacted parts and RV companies all over the Internet and nobody has these parts. Can someone supply the Chevrolet equivalent part numbers. Maybe I could use Chevy parts instead. Has oil leak from lower tube and can't be driven because of this small problem. Thanks for any help you can offer.

DaveVA78Chieftain

I suspect you will have to temporatily use a generic aftermarket oil dip stick and tube untill you can get to a wrecking yard that has older campers in it.  This would have been a common item on any 440 based Class A motorhome no matter who produced the camper.  Keep an eye on ebay for those selling parts off of rigs (typically have a picture of the rig rather than a pic of the part)

i.e http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-WINNEBAGO-BRAVE-COMPLETE-4-PC-ALUMINUM-GRILLES-GRILLE-AND-OTHER-PARTS-/150984047836?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232759bcdc&vxp=mtr#ht_195wt_1300

Contact ebay seller to see if it had a 440 in it, if so does he have the parts you need.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Is it leeking were the tube goes into the block/Oil pan. I've see where some of the guys put a dab of silicone around the outside and it holds up well. Hm?

willgin857

Hi, it's leaking in the middle of the lower tube. There is a split in it. I found a place that had the upper tube in stock and ordered it today, and now I'm looking all over  for the lower tube. Thanks.

willgin857

Wow, this is really helpful! Thanks so much!!! I just wrote to the e-Bay seller. Fingers crossed.

cosmic

willgin857

As a follow-up, the guy on e-Bay had already sold the engine. The search continues.

willgin857

Thanks for the reply, I'm in Montreal, so Kitchener is too far. Can't be driven with this oil leak.

ClydesdaleKevin

Here's an idea.  There once was a time when our grandfathers would fix something broken instead of replacing it.  Take out the lower tube and clean it up really well with degreaser...then take it to a decent welder and have them braze the crack in the tube.  Simple as that...fixed and good as new.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

maxximuss

Someone said JB weld, also another good product is Quiksteel. Works wonders. and will even stick to wet concrete...I have tried it. Messy though wear gloves when kneeding it to activate it and apply it. I have used many things I have never been as happy with the results as I have with this stuff. That coming from a 20+ years parts person.

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Service/quiksteel_epoxy_putty.htm