Recent posts

Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Pic 1..You can then flip it over to wrap the vinyl around the edges on the back side..

Pic 2 ..here is a screen shot of the 73 Indian sales brochure..Shows the dash where there is a brown vinyl trim at the bottom of the dash,,Black vinyl on the flat area is and then brown across the flat top, running into the windshield..

Using the original wood trim wrapped in brown vinyl with the same backer foam and the 77 glue

Ran out of daylight..that is all for now
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 11:28 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115453731883

I bought 2 yards of this headliner foam stuff. It has a black cloth glued to 1/4 foam..

It is time to work on the reupholstering  of the dash..I tried the white polyester...shown in the picture bottom right..

No good..don't use that..It is messy to glue and is lumpy under the vinyl

Use this headliner foam..3M 77 spray on glue..works great and has a smoothness to it that is easy to work with

That 77 glue is unbelievably strong..Spray on both surfaces..1 minute wait and it will stick great,,Gives a little bit of time to reposition..Then it is done..
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 11:14 PM
It fits!! And I think I can use the original door..It actually is in good shape!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Clamp it..Tack weld it then full weld everywhere..

Coming out nice!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 11:05 PM
After some bending and tweeking, it is coming into shape
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Here is what I have to work with when it comes to a glove box insert..Broken plastic..Time to make a new one..

With a little design work in Autocad and a convenient CNC plasma cutter at my disposal, I cut out a new one!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Here is the first try out with this Rock Wool product

Easy to cut..knife blade..will stuff in good..I like it

This shows right where your feet would be at the front..

Sure is easy to work the front area, when there is no engine in the way..That is why I have delayed installing the engine..
Hello! My beloved 72 Brave (M300, Mopar 440) has come up lame with broken leave springs/bushings, front and rear. Left side is so bad it's rubbing the tire when I turn left.

I'm paying $800/week for a not-nice hotel in Lake Wales, FL while the truck fleet service is looking around for replacements. Where they're looking I don't know, but I'm running out of dough since I landed here on 5/14. (They've been making other repairs as well.)

Does anyone have any leads that will get me on the road again?  :shocked:

Thanks so much in advance!
Fuller (the Brave Lady)
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 23, 2024, 10:50 PM
I bought a bundle of Rock Wool comfort board..2x4 feet..1.5 thick..Bundle comes with 6 pieces..

I thought I would try it for engine sound quieting..Totally fire proof..Very dense..Just need to figure out a way to attach it to vertical walls such as the generator bay..
It is used for exterior of a house..Totally water proof..Will not sag..

I sanded smooth the front eye brow of the fiber glass..Ready for white gelcoat
Last post by RockwoodMike - May 23, 2024, 12:22 AM
Finally got all the rims sand blasted and powder coated..Picture is of the last one.. :)clap  :)clap  :)clap  :)clap