Recent posts

Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 10:44 PM
The beginnings of my fuel system..A pump for each tank feeding to a water separator spin on filter..

I think that will fix my fuel delivery problem!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Pic 1-2..Doing the first section of glassing..About a foot wide..Takes about 1.5 pints of resin to lay it up..

Pic 3-4..Second section with about an inch overlap..
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 29, 2024, 10:26 PM
Pic 1..All sanded and shaped..

Pic 2-3..First layer of polyester resin..After it is hardened, then I will fill all the screw holes and imperfections in the wood..

Then begin glassing with 1708 cloth and then a chop strand to blend everything..

Never done any fiberglass work..Just watching plenty of YT!!
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 28, 2024, 04:06 PM
Hi Ed,

Are you talking about the front face pieces as shown in these 4 pictures??

If so, I haven't arrive at that point yet..Other than tearing them off and storing them away..

Everything that involved wood was rotted on this..everywhere it leaked..

I am currently working on the front end..And these pieces will be involved soon enough..

Mike
Last post by Edmather - April 28, 2024, 01:45 PM
Hi Mike, great work on the restoration. I've been looking through your pictures as I need to repair my front corners: rotted wood where the curved outer trim is attached. However I can't see the photos from your post of these areas, just the comments. Do you have an album that I could view? Thank you, and keep up the good work!
Ed
Coach / Re: 1978 chieftain 26ft furnac...
Last post by 78chief - April 27, 2024, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate it.
Miscellaneous / winnabago international sticke...
Last post by Dani147 - April 26, 2024, 12:24 PM
purchased 2 from store only to find originals purchased were 61/2 by 61/2 new ones are smaller
Last post by David.lgtwks - April 26, 2024, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys I'm Learning. I wanted to introduce my self, I'm David, from Tucson. I have been restoring a m400 Winnebago for a few years now, as time and life permitted.  I stated with a good running truck that has been kept up and upgraded. But 95000 miles and the floor and sides just shook apart. Coming along with now with  new floor and light pvc panels covering the inside walls, upgraded refer, a/c and soon I get to use her as intended, finally!! I have used this forum and my manual and am convinced I have a dependable unit!! In the next couple years I'm doing a Chevy truck LS conversion.
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 25, 2024, 11:21 PM
This is the thing I made to do the brakes like in the video..The hose kept curling up out of the fluid so I strapped a bolt to it to weigh it down..

I had a completely empty system when it came to brake fluid..I ended up using 3/4 of a quart, with the reservoir topped off

You could see the bubbles in the bottle as you slowly pumped the peddle..then there were none and you knew you were done on that wheel.. 

After everything was bled, the brakes are very solid..And that is without a vacuum source..I guess that is what you get when EVERYTHING is new or rebuilt!!
Last post by DaveVA78Chieftain - April 25, 2024, 08:06 PM
My 78 Chieftain (WDP26RB) with Rear bath had a Coleman 4330 Presidential furnace in it

Go here for Brochure
Go here for Parts Book once you know your model code from the brochure. Will either be WDP26RB or WDP26RK (rear kitchen)