Onan 2.5kw Generator Carb Parts Needed

Started by MSN Member, December 13, 2009, 05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malodin

Sent: 08/07/2008

The model number is an odd ball number I have only found in one book.  It is stock to my 72 winnie.  Any help would be appreciated. 

here is the model number:  205LK-1RV6000/1G

its a 2.5kw

I am hoping to find a carb for it, but at the same time the main thing I'm missing is inside the float bowl.  I forget what it is right now but, when I pull the carb apart, I will post back up here. 

ontheroadagain

Use the Resources section in the Members' Area.  There are a few links there.

malodin

ontheroadagain, I will check it out.

denisondc

The www.cumminsonan.com site will let you find the nearest Onan parts retailer near you - based on your town/state/zip code. Then I think the retailer (probably a business dealing in small engine parts or jet-ski or ATV or RV stuff) will need the model number and 'spec' number. On my 2.5 KW Onan there is a metal i.d. plate down low on the air shroud, with the model # (2.5LK-R1 in my case) and the spec number, (6000M in my case). The letter "M" seemed to be the important part of that 'spec' number. The 'M' was almost invisible, and if the plate had been painted over I dont know if I would have been able to recover the #'s. It used to be you could download the parts manual also. I have the manual for my 2.5kw unit - shows all the parts in exploded views. There is a 'gasket set' for the carburetor for instance. Dont be disappointed if the local Onan parts places stock nothing for a 36 year old genset. The outlets near me in VA/MD/PA didnt seem super eager to for my business, but admitted they would be able to order the parts, once I paid for them.

malodin

Sent: 09/07/2008

Denison, I do have the parts manual book for it, and I have gone that route but have not tried to purchase a new carb, and the part I am missing is not available.

ontheroadagain

Sent: 09/07/2008

Here is alot of onan carbs and kits  listed on ASAP website. If you dont see what you need there call them they know their stuff! I got parts for my generac generator that generac considered "obsolete" and no longer available from them.   http://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/onan-fuel-system-parts-c-14_104_109.html?page=1&sort=20a