Wiring diagram for the convertor circuit on an 88 Chieftain.

Started by Rickf1985, September 04, 2014, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I am looking for the diagram for the charger/convertor for a 89 Chieftain. I have downloaded ALL of the diagrams from the members pages here and spent hours poring over them. I cannot find the charging circuit for the house batteries. I am blowing the breaker for the rear load center when I plug in the AC ever since installing a Boondocker 45 amp charger. I talked to Randy at Best converters and he had nod heard of this problem in the past but said the charger puts out 45 amps at first hence the blowing breaker. I need to track down all of the associated wiring to see if I can upgrade it to larger wiring or if it is already large enough to go to a 50 amp breaker. I think this is why I lost a whole fridge load of food right before my trip last week because it popped the breaker and then the fridge did not have the DC needed for the controls, this was verified through the Norcold manual. I do have another fridge issue I will put in another post.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Rick unless you can get the wiring diagrams directly from Winnebago, the only thing I can offer is the 1990 wiring diagrams (http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1990/1990_Wiring_Models.htm)

The Body Wiring diagrams show point to point connections.  The Body Wiring Installation diagrams provide the location of everything.

Example - Chieftain WCN33RQ Body Wiring Diagram,  Pdf Page 3 shows converter hookup for that model: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1990/098996.pdf.  That drawing shows a 15 amp fuse on the converter output.  Would either be with the converter or in the battery well.

Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

Those links open to four blank pages for me here at work.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Work fine for me at home at least.  They from the Winnebago site.
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

Did not work at home either and then I remembered that I had this problem before. They will not open in Firefox. Went to IE and opened no problem. That diagram is the same as the 1990 diagrams I downloaded before but I notice that the form number is 98996 and mine is 98995. Anyway I did find the circuit and now I have to look up the wire size I need for 45 amps. I am going back to tent camping!!!