Flag Project: Part 1

Started by Stripe, March 21, 2014, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Okay, so this is another short project I decided to do just to see if it could be done.   Not only did it work, but I can still roll my awning up without any problems..  ;) :)ThmbUp

I rigged an American flag into my awning roller.

The final Product.

I first started with a flag I had brought home from Afghanistan that I had with me in my gear pack. the only other things I needed were a cable cutter and an old Rg6 Coax cable cut just long enough to fit into the spine of the flag.

The coax cut to length.

I removed the grommets from the flag next.

I then inserted the cable into the spine of the flag.

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Stripe

Part two of the flag project

The flag with the cable inserted into the spine.

The other side.

The awning roller tube track I used for the flag.

Inserting the flag into the track.  This was pretty easy..

I put the flag at either end or center of the roller when displaying.  But I always put it in the center when rolling up the awning.

Disclaimer: No flags or awnings were harmed during the making of this post.
Fredric,

joev

very cool idea to display flags  :)clap

LJ-TJ

• Brilliant absolutely brilliant. I love this kind of stuff. Good show. :)clap :)ThmbUp

DonD

Great idea!

:)ThmbUp Thank you for your service!!   :)ThmbUp
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

ClydesdaleKevin

I like it!  I want to hang a flag somewhere, so maybe when we replace our awning this will be something to consider.  Of course, I'll probably hang the oldschool American flag, with the circle of 13 stars.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Thanks everyone.
Kevin, You just gave me an idea as to what flag I will add next. That and the "Don't Tread On Me." Flag.
I will also be adding my British Indian Ocean Territories flag and Union Jack. And when Scotland passes their referendum, no offense to my friends in the UK[size=78%], I will fly the Scottish flag as well.. :D [/size]
They others are smaller and thinner materials and will be displayed in order of Precedence.
Here they are in no particular order for display purposes only.

The "Don't Tread On Me" Flag.

Betsy Ross' 13 Original Colonies Flag.

I will more likely fly this flag for Scotland.

The Union Jack.

And the flag of the British Indian Ocean Territories as I worked with their police department at one time. Great lot of blokes.
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  With that many flags, you might as well get an Add A Room and sew them to the canvas!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Hmmm...   Hm?

Maybe, But the other flags I have are smaller. Would look interesting though wouldn't it?? :D
Fredric,

Stripe

What you all think so far? 

Fredric,

M & J

The pallet jack kinda detracts from the view......
M & J

Oz

Too funny,..  good one!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca