Need to find a dash heat/ac control for my 1995 Itasca

Started by Idahored, October 05, 2017, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idahored

The dash heat/ac control broke, (plastic crap) and Winnebago says they are no longer available, and I'll need to find a used one. So I'm searching for some leads to used RV parts suppliers for my coach. Any leads are appreciated. 1995 Itasca Passage 23RC.
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id
1995 Itasca Passage 23RC

Rickf1985

Can you post a picture of it? It is probably the same as some vehicle in use out there like a pickup truck most likely.

M & J

And theres a thread on the forum showing the different styles and the sources for them.
M & J

Rickf1985

That thread is for the older 80's models. Might still be using the same ones but I doubt it. They were still using Dodge back then, I think the Dodge units were probably getting hard to find by 95. I will bet on a early GM product.

Rickf1985

I was wrong, not only do they still use the Dodge unit but the newer ones look exactly like the 70's and 80's ones. Some things never change. I wonder if the blower switches still burn up on the new ones? D:oH!

Idahored

Quote from: Rickf1985 on October 05, 2017, 10:52 AM
Can you post a picture of it? It is probably the same as some vehicle in use out there like a pickup truck most likely.

Here is a picture of it. I pulled the radio to get a look at the wiring.
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id
1995 Itasca Passage 23RC

RickNC

I'm guessing they had to use the mopar because of the electric servos they used for the vents.  I think around 97/98 Winnie went to the 3 dial GM type that specs for the p30 chassis.

No problem with fan switch so far but previous/original owner said he was warned to never turn on the heat/ac with fan switch on high.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Idahored

Winnebago quit selling those, so couldn't purchase a new one, so I had to get one off Ebay for $110.  The front control is exactly the same and also the same size, so I hope the connections in the back will be the same  i??
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id
1995 Itasca Passage 23RC

Rickf1985

Most don't have any controls for the rear heat other than a blower switch. The heat is always on since the hot water lines run straight to the rear heater. Unless yours has an inline heater valve. I plan on putting one in mine. Right now I put in manual valves to shut off the rear heat. MUCH cooler back there after a trip now!

Idahored

Quote from: Idahored on October 05, 2017, 10:07 AM
The dash heat/ac control broke, (plastic crap) and Winnebago says they are no longer available, and I'll need to find a used one. So I'm searching for some leads to used RV parts suppliers for my coach. Any leads are appreciated. 1995 Itasca Passage 23RC.

Thanks for all the info and help ! I bought one from a Ebay seller for $110, who just happened to have 6 of those. :) The face looked exactly like mine, but no picture of the back so couldn't tell if it was the same hook up as mine. So it was a gamble. I got it in todays mail, and compared the two, and they are the same :)clap ,,,,His listing said Dodge Ram 1990-1999   Cheers !
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id
1995 Itasca Passage 23RC