1987 Winnebago Chieftain 22RC Renovation - Kitchen/Living Area

Started by jbowles5, July 18, 2016, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbowles5

All dark wood primed and painted white. New fixtures and faucets. The backsplash is peel and stick. I purchased on Amazon and it was very easy to apply. Including the measuring, it took about 30 minutes. Countertops painted black. Instructions called for 2 coats, I did 4 so it would be more durable. All cabinet hardware was replaced. There was also a lot of open space around the fridge since it was obviously smaller than the original, so I made some simple shelves for extra storage. I also wanted a pop of color, so I did one wall a lime green, then stenciled in an image of a cattail to bring in a little nature. Pillows and accessories were done last.

Enjoy!

Surfinhurf

joanfenn

perlgurl

This is AWESOME. I can't wait until I can get to this aspect of my rv upgrade, but I've got functional stuff to work on first... 

Hobbes

This looks absolutely amazing.  Can you give us some details on how you did this?  For example, did you remove the cabinets, or paint them in place?  Did you have to sand them smooth, or just paint them?  Any primer?  What kind of paint?

Thanks in advance for any additional info!

sasktrini

Amazing!!!  Love the green stencil wall, shower curtain... theme is tied together be[size=78%]autifully![/size]
Corey aka sasktrini

jbowles5

Thanks so much for the kind words. The painting took the longest, but I wanted to do it correctly, so that I'd have no issues.

For the cabinets, I removed the old handles and then lightly sanded the wood.
I then primed all the wood with a water based primer, then painted with a semi-gloss white latex paint.
I purchased inexpensive new handles and did those last.
[size=78%]I went through quite a bit of painters tape though. LOL! I pretty much just taped everything and painted it as is. Nothing was removed.[/size]
The countertops were painted with a special countertop paint. It comes in various colors. I wanted black.
The sink faucet was removed before painting the countertop, then I put in a new one after the paint dried.
The back splash is peel and stick. I got it on Amazon. Hardest part was deciding on which tile design to use.
Once it was finished, I rechaulked the backsplash with black. I learned a trick to use painters tape for clean edges. Just put tape on both sides of the gap, fill with chaulk, smooth with finger. Let set for about 30 minutes then remove the tape. Perfect clean edges!

I got my inspiration from just looking at pictures online. I knew that I wanted white and black with some color so I just googled different phrases and looked at pictures. It took some time, but it was pretty easy to do.

Jason  :) :)

Hobbes

Thanks for the details!  This is now very high on my to-do list for when the season ends.