76 brave d21 brake issues???

Started by Rollingmenace, November 15, 2015, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollingmenace

Have a 76 brave d21 .. It's a 440 and I believe a m300 chassis.... I need some info on brakes... We were driving today hit the brakes and pedal went to floor and brake light came on ... We looked over everything no visible signs of leaks brake pads looked good.. Master cylinder full of fluid... It is a vacuum only booster .. Can pump brakes and hear a noise inside the master like gas or fluid moving...

I believe it's the master cylinder does anyone have info for help or part numbers ect

EldoradoBill

If there's no obvious leaks in a brake line, the other two possibilities are a failed wheel cylinder/caliper piston (might take awhile for fluid to appear at the drum) or a faulty master cylinder-loosen the bolts securing the master cylinder to the booster and check for fluid leaking from the brake master cylinder pushrod.

There's a remote possibility of an internal master cylinder failure but that's not very common...

Bill

Rollingmenace

Bill .. Thanks there is a minor possibility on the driver caliper... I'll have to wait till after the Winnie gets home I had to leave her about 25 miles from home... She should be towed home tomorrow then it's time to get to work checking it out closer... I've found parts online so I'm hoping I can track the issue down and get it sorted out.