New here!

Started by mtennison, October 06, 2012, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtennison

I just bought my first MotorHome today and I am excited to own one! It's a 1984 Apollo 3000 DB in good condition with 59,000 miles. I will bring it home next weekend. I look forward to a long life of Classic RV adventure! I've heard that the Apollo is a nice one, is that right?

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the forum!  I don't know anything about Apollo RVs, but I'm sure you'll love it!  And post some pics when you can!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

In its day, the Apollo was a top of the line motorhome.  It had the latest and greatest of everything.  If it's in good shape, you probably have a pretty good motorhome.  However, looks are only skin deep.  Check out all the mechanicals and anything rubber before you consider it roadworthy.  After all, it is 28 years old.  And, as others have discovered, the previous owners can do some pretty confusing things to the electricals, plumbing, or mechanicals.  But don't let this deter you, just get in there and enjoy it. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Oz

The Apollos are indeed top-of-the-line in many ways, and comparable to the Holiday Rambler series.  Fine RVs; congratulations!

:)   :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca