Visor MacGuyver (you know what I'm talking about)

Started by Stripe, July 12, 2013, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0WOP

Thx, give me a few weeks to get the printer set up and I'll get a few of them made to be sent out.

Mike

W0WOP

Well...  Played with the 3d printers @ school today and guess what?

First pair of "improved" visor clips are made!!!

Here are some pics.

The Printer I used:

First Attempt Failed :(

Try again!!!  Second attempt in progress:

COMPLETE PART!!!

So who wants to try em out first?

Mike

*EDIT*  Forgot to mention, only took an hour to print  :D lol

Stripe

Wow, that's pretty cool..  Think it would support the visor and a small Radio Shack 7" digital TV/Monitor??  :D  That's why I used steel hanger..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

W0WOP

Well.....

Wanna find out? PM me your address and you can test em out!  Fo Free!!!

If they work out for ya keep em, if not let me know what to change and we'll try again.

If ya wanna "donate" a cpl Washingtons that's cool, if not that's cool too. 

Maybe I can offer some sort of custom part service, IDK lets just see if this works and go from there eh?

Mike

Stripe

I like the look, almost looks like Carbon fiber..
Fredric,

Froggy1936

This brings up A peev of mine about todays descriptions of things  Why has this been refered to as printing IT IS NOT PRINTING  The machine is called a replicator this what it is doing NOT PRINTING . Just like turning on a computor is termed as booting plus a thousand other modern sayings  Sorry for getting off subject but it does apply  P.S. im stuck in the 1950,s Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Stripe

They call it printing because it applies the material (in this case melted plastic) in the same fashion as an inkjet applies ink to paper.  Only the ink is 2D and the resulting plastic "Print" is 3D.. 
Only, unlike the '50s, you don't need special colored glasses to see it in 3D..  :)rotflmao
Fredric,

W0WOP

What happens is that whatever you want to make 3d is cut into very thin layers, each layer is printed on top of one another, and then by using heat is fused to the layer below it. 

Another way of putting it, print each piece on a piece of paper, cut each piece out, glue them together, you get a 3d product

Mike

W0WOP

Sorry for the delay, my week got busier than planed.  I should be shipping out first "Test" pieces next week.

Mike

Stripe

Fredric,