Do early Dodge ignition switches have a steering lock?

Started by Rex, December 01, 2013, 09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Hello! New guy here. Might be aquiring an old early 70's brave. My question is, do the rigs with the ignition on the column like a car, have a steering lock? The unit im lookin at may not have keys, and I'm hopin to just tow it home and then tear into the ignition thanks!!

Froggy1936

I belive everything with steering collumn ign switch has a steering lock setup !! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rex

That's what I thought, but with dodge ya never know. I just wanna be prepared when I go get this thing

ibdilbert01

Might want to invest in a cheap set of jigglers, they are good to have on hand for such an event.   
http://www.southord.com/Lock-Picking-Tools/Auto-Jigglers-Car-Opening-Tool-SJG-10.html
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Elandan2

None of the Dodge class "A" chassis had a steering wheel lock.  The ignition switch doesn't have a "lock" position.  Simply "accessory", "off", "on", and "start".  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rex

Thank you sir!!! That's what I was hoping to hear. At least I can tow it home and then worry about keys for it. Thanks again!!!

cosmic

I hope we didn't just help a guy steal a winnie  D:oH!   i??  just saying..

Rex

Hahaha no I'm not stealing one. I found one for free that I haven't gone and looked at yet. Last time I had talked to them they couldn't find the keys. Knowing this will save me an 80 mile round trip for tools