1989 P30 454 Winnebago Cruise Control doesn't work

Started by engineer bill, May 18, 2014, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quoteat 60,000 miles is it normal for all of the switches to feel sloppy and sometimes only work if you wiggle them?

My bet is the heat and cold effects on plastic over time.  Gets brittle.

Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

Yes to the last question if they are/were used regular like..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

pvoth1111

mine stopped working once it was a vacuum line....grey box
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Stripe

Same here, reconnected a vacuum lane and BAM I had a working CC..  While I do not use it all the time, I do use it when cruising long relatively level terrain..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

engineer bill

I'll have to rig up some makeshift  cc switches to find out if the rest of it works. It's encouraging that your systems worked with minor repairs. I think the bad switches have more to do with the 25 years old than the 60,000 mile. Also, plastics have gotten much better in the last twenty year.

I am really only planning to use the cc on long, straight, flat I5.
"on the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again..."
thanks to Willie Nelson

boogie_man

Mine just started acting up on the way home from Pismo beach last week.  I started surging like it was running out of fuel but when I turned it off and went back to das foot, it ran fine.  Will dive in there and check out vacuum lines to see.  I like using it on the highway while looking at the coast and sipping my coffee dang it.

Tasman

Try driving the 550 miles I drove this last weekend without cruise and then see if you give a #### about a little bit of extra gas being used.  My leg is still sore...