1991 Chieftan 454 engine bogging,.My solution was easy $8.00 fuel filter

Started by FJR1300, August 21, 2017, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJR1300

Hi All,..Will introduce later

Just wanted to share and help. Did a 3,200 km trip to Niagara Ont from PEI Canada. Engine got progressively more troubled on the last 500 kms and barely climbed hills in NB at 70 kms/hr. Got to the local awesome auto parts store this Saturday am and was recommended a fuel filter. Going to buy a couple more filters to keep in cabin as I expect there is quite a bit more sludge to come out. Probably not allowed to mention the name of the auto parts place. But the guy behind the counter has been talking engine parts for 30 years,..remember that next time you think Canadian tire would be a bit cheaper. The power now is incredible compared to most of the trip. Just hope i didn't lean hurt the motor.

Cheers
Don B

Rickf1985

Takes a lot more than that to hurt a 454. Welcome aboard and glad it was so simple. Was this the filter halfway up the rail behind the entrance step? Being an injected model you may not have that filter.

FJR1300

Thank You Rick

Yes it's bout there,.32' so i found it about front of the rear wheels. This 26 year old machine is spotless and was an incredible find. Plastic covered carpets,..44,000 kms and always garaged. I am very excited to spend money on fuel,.lol.

Don