member map

Started by joanfenn, July 25, 2012, 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

:-[ Okay, I have been trying to add me to the member map and so far nothing.  Looked for the search function on the map and can't find that.  Am really feeling computer illiterate today.  What the  $@!#@! am I doing wrong?

Stripe

Best way I found is to click and drag the the part of the map that your closest to, to the center, then on the left side of the map is the drag and zoom tool.  Drag the round bit towards the + to zoom in as far as you need then if you want you can recenter your spot again by click and drag method above.  Then at the bottom under the map you will see text that says click here to set your pin. Click it when your comfortable with where it will be set and your done!

Hope this helps!

CMM500
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

joanfenn

$@!#@! $@!#@! $@!#@! $@!#@! $@!#@!  stupid technical stuff.  Will try again later. 

OldEdBrady

What took me so long was, after I had noted my location,  I had to go down and hit the "Update Profile" button.  'Til I did that, I was wasting my time.

joanfenn

:(  Think that I will have to try again tomorrow.  Thankyou for your help guys.

Oz

CMM500 Has it right and Ed pointed out something very important... you have to save it by clicking on "change profile" at the bottom right of the page.

1.  Click here to add or edit your pin location on the map.

2.  That takes you to your forum profile and the member map showing the entire US. 

3.  Enter your town, State.  This works for any country in the world.

4.  This will bring in your area.  You can "grab" the map by clicking and holding your left mouse button.  You'll see the "hand" cursor look like it's grabbing the map.  Slide your mouse in the direction you want the map to move.

5.  When you're where you want to be, or near it.  Let go of your mouse button and the hand will let go of the map.

6.  Move your cursor to the spot where you want to pin yourself and right click once.

7.  You're pinned!

8.  IMPORTANT:  Scroll the page down a little and click on the "Change Profile" button at the bottom right of the page.

You can change your pin at any time by going to your Profile, select "Forum Profile" from the drop-down and scroll down to the map which is showing your current location.

If it's a small move, just click once on your pin and it will disappear.  Move the map by using the grab-and-drag method above to get to your new spot, and click once again to re-pin.

If it's a large move, just enter your new City or City and State and follow the same method as when you pinned your location the first time.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Anyone using IE8 may have issues with some forum features.  If you do, please refer to this topic:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3669.msg9568#msg9568

If you still have problems, just drop me a PM and I can pin you on the map.

ClydesdaleKevin

The member map is filling up with pins!  Awesome!   :)clap

I think its really neat, especially when you move the map to Europe and see all the members there!  We've gone global!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

OldEdBrady

You missed the 2 in Australia, Kevin.

Oz

You know I've been using the same home page background for years now.  under the slideshow, there's a set of flags.  These represent every country we have or have had members in!

I've been slowly going through the Member List and adding pins. 

If you go to your profile and see a pin already there and it's not where you want it, just move it!

joanfenn

Aw, Mark, where is Canada's flag? ???

joanfenn

Oz

Blink your eyes and look again, it's right there... in the middle... if it were a snake, it'd bite you in the nose -  W%

joanfenn

;)  oh yeah, sure Mark. 

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28