1974 Indian Dash Wiring

Started by strube300, June 20, 2011, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strube300

I have a 74 Indian, I was working on the AUX. fuel guage(inop) and looking for any obvious issues behind the dash and when I pulled the dash panel partially out I seem to have disconnected the "pin" wire hookups apart and thought that I returned them to their correct "pins" and now I gots lotsa wierd things goin on with the dash lighting...does anyone know in which order the colored wires go back onto the pins???  As you are looking down from the top of the dash panel...PLEASE HELP...vacation in 2 weeks and I need to be ready!!! D:oH!

DaveVA78Chieftain

You need to download the 74/75 Wiring diagram from the Free Manuals section in the Member Area.  It provides coverage for the instrument panel.  If your problem is for the switches and items around the instrument panel then those are Winnebago.  The winnebago diagrams are not really available.

JD's picture album may aid you: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=101

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Hope this helps it's the back of my 1975 bago before she burned  ???

strube300

Thanks LJ-TJ...the pics were perfect...I got her fixed up...EXCEPT...without the stock sending unit for the oil pressure installed(after market gauge) when I turn the lights on I get the turn signal indicators and high beam indicator come on and the over dash lights do not operate...all other lights work properly...but the fuel gauge for AUX. tanks works...then if I ground the sending unit wire the lights operate correctly but the fuel gauge does not...I'm thinking of installing a new sending unit, reconnecting the wire and putting another ground on the AUX. fuel tank...What do you guys think???