Window Clasp Repair

Started by LJ-TJ, July 11, 2011, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Well after all these year I finally found a product that works to re-glue the clasp on our windows.

salplmb

how about a picture of the repair cause im not sure what the clasp is.
sal

LJ-TJ

The first pic is of the window without the clasp and the second is after gluing it on.

intofire1

I will put it do as I learned something new today. Part by part I will be able to fix most things.
Thanks for the time you put into post.
Gil in LA

salplmb

thanks LJ-TJ,
i havent had a clasp for my windows since i got the rig. forgot all about it. now i have to find the clasps also!
oh well, its always been progess not perfection!
thanks again for the pics.
sal

Oz

I had a box of them, and the window strips, and all kind of other parts.  Gave them away at last's years CWVRV Jamboree.  See how that goes?

There are other types which will work on these as well.  You don't have to have the original type.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

greggholmes

Quote from: Mark Sobyak on July 13, 2011, 11:02 PM
I had a box of them, and the window strips, and all kind of other parts.  Gave them away at last's years CWVRV Jamboree.  See how that goes?

There are other types which will work on these as well.  You don't have to have the original type.

I have been looking for days for a clasp that would work. unfortunately i found an original in a drawer.

This is the closest i came across:             

http://www.glasswarepro.com/2186068-item-C_R__LAURENCE-F2580---+CRL+Sliding+Window.aspx?sgd=344d330d316d308d313d318

I need some if anyone has any