Dodge 413 Engine part numbers, cooling system hoses and belts.

Started by Clyde9, November 25, 2008, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde9

Sent: 7/28/2005 8:36 PM

Ok guys!  Here are the long-awaited part numbers from stuff I KNOW fits, and some stuff that I installing, but aren't sure if they fit yet:

The Alternator belt:  Unknown, haven't bought it yet:  2806 343 (Dodge p/n)

Power Steering belt:  Unknown, " " " " :  2532 786

Upper radiator hose:  " " " " ": 2959 567

Lower radiator hose: " " " " " : 2959 568

I called the local parts place, and they couldn't find the hoses as cross-reference, although they said they think they had the upper hose.  I called the local Chrysler dealer, and they told me Dodge discontinued the lower hose...and bought the upper hoses from another source.  The p/ns Dodge gave me are:

Upper hose:  H006-9000

Lower Hose:  H006-9001

OK!  On to what I KNOW fits!

The fan clutch:  Car Quest:  77230 HTR .  Its an exact fit, although its almost 3 times bigger than the original!  It also has a thermostatic control.  The only difference of note is that the original clutch has studs coming off of it, and attaches with nuts.  The new clutch as threaded holes, so you need to buy the bolts and lock washers to install it.  The didn't come with it.

The water pump:  Car Quest:  51-1537 NWP (Old p/n: 940).  This is also an exact fit, and comes with the exact gasket!  You'll have to poke a "weep hole" in the gasket on the bottom, but if you compare the old one to the new, you'll know what I'm talking about.  This pump also comes with a brand new grease fitting.  Make sure you grease it!  I had to shoot it with over 12 pumps of grease before it started to come out the grease weep hole!

One last past number:  We didn't need it, but the actual Chrysler/Dodge Radiator Core p/n is 2959 565.  This helps some shops find the right core for the 413 motor home.

Hope it helps!

Kev

Sent: 2/19/2006 4:48 PM

Hi I was just wondering if those unknown part numbers were correct-Am looking for a upper rad hose for 413-