Hello together

Started by eXodus, August 08, 2014, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eXodus

Hey there,

my name is Sebastian,  just got my first Motor-home, a 1994 Itasca Sunrise, basically a Winnebago Brave with a cheaper paint-job.

My wife and I just move 7 months ago from Germany to Florida, We love it here and now want to explore more of this country. We are not retired and far away from this age, late twenties.  I am a electrical engineer and decided to change my life and now study Information Systems down here in Fort Myers.

I searched about 3 months for a MH, I read here in the forum about classic RVs and looked at some at the market. But they were all in very bad shape.

But we got lucky, a friend of mine sold his RV which he basically used as a spare room for his parents when they visited over the winter. $3500 later I got a running driving MH with some minor issues.

First, it looks a little ugly on the outside, the whole clear paint is coming off.
[smg id=6710]
[smg id=6707]

but I think it has a nice floor-plan on only 29 feet
[smg id=6712]
[smg id=6711]

with a full rear queen
[smg id=6709]

and this is our dog Barney :) he already loves it
[smg id=6708]

So the good side is, on the inside most stuff works and on the chassis, I'm a impassioned cars and trucks mechanic, just had to replace a hand full of fuses.

I replaced all tires, 12-14 years old with dry rot at camping-world, and the front Airbags. I wanted to do this by myself, but they only cost around $100 and $39 installation ? Read some stories here that some people spent a whole day for replacing this things.
We live just 3 minutes away from our Campingworld and the owner knows that we are from the neighborhood.
They check also the LP system, and replace the water heater valve which was leaking.So I got also a working propane system.

Our idea is to use the MH to tow our two horses cross country. We want to start next spring. The P30 chassis should have enough capacity to do this.
I got it on the scale and it has about 12500lbs with full fresh and half gas.  It is specified with GVW of 14800 and GCWR of 19000. (4 disc breaks) 

But I really don't trust the frame extension and will reinforce it. Some welding fun :P

Other to do:

-Generator, is running but I can not shut it off. (probably board damaged)
- Refrigerator, does not run on LP
- Install Break controller (includes running cable from the front to the back)
- Coach AC, compressor stuck
- Mount and add batteries (it had 3, one was dead)
- my front right leveling jack is sometimes working sometimes not, have to fix it
- the leveling system does only activates with really full charged batteries (bad connection somewhere)

So this was it for now and I look forward to learn from you here.

greetings
Sebastian

moonlitcoyote

Welcome to the group Sebastian and congrats on your new toy.

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Stripe

Yes, Welcome to our little Niche, you're gonna enjoy it!

You will need to set your pics permissions so that we can all see them.

As to the clear coat, google VIVILON...  Pricey, but worth every cent..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

I set the permissions, enjoy!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

circleD

Looks like you have everything under control already. But when there's a weird or small problem just post it in the right area and we'll help as always.
Welcome to AMERICA  :) and welcome to the site.

M & J

And some of us do specialize in weird. :)
M & J

acenjason