First 2012 Trip?

Started by OldEdBrady, June 04, 2012, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldEdBrady

Due to our having to watch out (as in care for) my mother (91-year-old), we haven't been able to do any camping so far this year.  We DID take a trip to Arkansas (Conway) a week or so ago, but no Alfabago, and Mother went with us.

Yesterday, She Who Must Be Obeyed said we are going this coming weekend.  She hasn't said where.  But, she said I HAVE to clean up the trailer.  I'm kinda wondering whether she said it just to get me to clean the thing up, or really means it.  I guess I'll find out.  Of course, we're gonna have to do something to make certain Mother is OK while we're gone.

Although I am almost ecstatic NOT being in Utah, I DO miss not being able to say, on a whim, "Get in the truck!  Trailer's already hooked up."  There, I could at least do that whenever I felt like it.

Wish me luck!

OldEdBrady

I forgot to say that, on our trip to Conway, I DID put out a few of the site business cards.  I always have some with me.

Oz

SWMBO is keeping you AND us in suspense until the weekend!  Put on your cleaning gear and get cracking, it's the only way we'll find out what the answer is.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

Quotewe're gonna have to do something to make certain Mother is OK while we're gone.

The obvious answer is to get on ebay, buy a cryogenic chamber, and go camping!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

OldEdBrady

No cleaning today.  Mother wanted to go to the Senior Center.  She hasn't been there since Dad died.  So, SWMBO and I took her.  Jeez!  Bunch of old folks!

Then LSWMBO had a medical appointment in Potosi, Mo. (only about 25 or 30 miles away).  Didn't even get home 'til about 6:30.  So, tomorrow, I have to do cleaning for two days in one.  (What a pain!)  SWMBO had BETTER not be kidding on this camping thing!

OldEdBrady

No camping trip this weekend.   :'(

Mother wants to move NOW.  We can't do all that yet, but she's been busily filling boxes and boxes for us to haul here.  AND, she has some furniture that she will not give up.  That's OK, it's just that we can't move it all in a single day.  In fact, it might take a week.  But, it shot down any plans SWMBO might have had.

ClydesdaleKevin

You could always strap her to the roof like the movie Vacation... :)rotflmao

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

OldEdBrady

Believe me, Kevin:  I've thought seriously about it.