Tent/Curtain round dinette bed ... has this been done ?

Started by Wbago, May 14, 2014, 04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbago

Hiya ppl :D

missis is bizzy layering on the paint in my Chieftain now, all the upholstery is done and ready for after, and the carpet comes after that ..  .
so now comes the time that the missis throws me a curve, by pointing out that theres no curtain round the dinette bed .  ....
now i didnt see this as a 'needed' thing, and i cant find an example, so i dont know if its been done, but with me and my missis being awake after our daughter goes to bed, we are now looking to surround the dinette with either curtains or a tent of sorts, to surround the bed, and give us access to the kitchen etc without disturbing her with the light . . .

im only wondering if any of you guys had done this, or seen similar, to give me pointers before i do something silly myself lol :D

thanks in advance, guys  :)clap

tiinytina

Can totally be done.  They sell track that can be screwed into the ceiling.  There are plastic/metal clips that are then sewn to top of curtain.. thus the curtain slides around in a track... Our RV has this between rear bedroom and kitchen so someone can shower and dry off without closing up all the windows etc front and rear.  Also to just block off bedroom if someone is sleeping etc.  http://tweetys.com/ceiling-mount-slide-curtain-tracks---96.aspx?gclid=CJLw-5i0q74CFUMF7AodL2UAsg

Think they may sell corner turns too.  But didn't see them could be done with two straight pieces mounted to window end but meeting in middle etc to make it "tent like" then use a chip clip to hold ends together when in use etc. 

tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!