When did they stop using split rims? Replacements available?

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 26, 2008, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 5/31/2005 6:20 PM

I was Wondering if anyone could tell me what was the last year that Winnebago stopped using split rims? I have a 72 Brave i think it is 18ft and it has split rims and is in need of tires i want to get rid of the split rims and was wondering if anyone knew of a good source that may have them I have found them on southwest wheel's web site but i really do not want to have to pay 80 for each wheel plus shipping i was hoping someone might be able to tell me what year of ford or dodge wheels i could use Please Help If You can   I really am excited that i have found this message board i would be lost on some items without you guys

Also if anyone is going to MIS in two weeks for the nascar race email me and i tell you where we are at on the infield

mshell56118*****@*****comcast.***net(remove the *'s)

Sent: 5/31/2005 10:05 PM

I could be wrong, but I think they probably quit using split rims at least by 74 when they did alot of chassis upgrades. I had to pay 130.00 for my rims here in vegas, if you can get them for eighty, I would say that was a pretty good deal. I tried to find used ones and that was a real booger!!  A friend of mine said chevy rims would fit on the front because the hub is smaller, but they wont fit on the rear. As far as ford rims go, I'm not sure but I have been told by several people that some will work......Kenny

Sent: 6/1/2005 10:38 AM

$80 a rim is the best deal I've found so far. I work at a Dodge dealer and factory rims that will work with my discount are still about $130. Some folks I have spoke to have been using a common wheel found on Ford and Dodge trucks which can be obtained from many sources. I think I'm going to go with coined rims verses flat mount, not that I've heard of anyone having problems with flat mounts. I'm choosing to go that route so I can use the original lug nuts which are made for coined wheels.
32 lug nuts times what ever the price is is higher than what is in my current buget. 

Sent: 6/1/2005 4:48 PM

http://www.southwestwheel.com/myweb4/catalog/k0129383_2736900.htm

This is where I found the Rims for 74 plus shipping they are a coined wheel
if the above link does not work go the www.southwestwheel.com and choose the link for single & dual steel oem replacement wheels for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks and choose either the dodge or ford wheels and scan towards the bottom and you will see where they are marked as a coined in/out 

Sent: 6/14/2005 6:23 PM

Just In case anyone is looking still I have found a place locally here in Elkhart, IN that sells the 16" coined in and out 8 lug rims for 60 a piece  new contact me and i wll tell you where