Separate shoreline for Air Conditioner ?

Started by Wbago, July 11, 2014, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbago

Hi guys :D

After the realization that here in UK most shoreline hookup points are rated to 10 Amps @ 240volts, and that i need more than that to run all the stuff in my rig, ive been considering other options . .

Best i think would be to wire another shoreline plug, just for the AC circuit, so that its not on the same wiring as the rest of the coach, its also possible to replug the sockets to let me run from one shoreline if the breaker allows more than 10 amps ... this seems to be the way to go ...

But ..... as im not in USA, im getting 240volts at 10amps, which inside the coach runs through a voltage dropper (like the picture)

giving me some 240v plugs, and 110v for fridge, ac, etc .. ..
The voltage dropper has 2 outputs, only

one is being used at the mo, and theres no maker name or specs on the dropper, so im ASSUMING its giving 2 x 110v@16amp, which is usual for these boxes .....
so, question is this . ..
do i add a whole new outside plug and shoreline, and pay for 2 hookups when i need to use the a/c . .. .
or can i rewire the a/c to the other plug on the dropper, and will that let me run everything on a single shoreline ?

im not even sure what amps the a/c pulls, but i know its more as its cycling on and off .. ..