Shiny winnebago

Started by GOWINIGO, November 10, 2012, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOWINIGO

HI GUYS! I have a question. Anyone know of a photo with a Winnebago with no paint? Just polished aluminum? Not the one in the gallery under misc rv. I don't know when or where i have seen it but i need the photo! Anyone?
-B
:)

LJ-TJ

Shoot now I can't find it. I can tell ya this though. Keeping a Winnebago polished in aluminum is a killer. $@!#@!

LJ-TJ

Oz

Okay, hero... where's the side and rear views? - Well, you can always do it and then take pictures for the prosperity of all.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Hey I did my part. I got ya started. Couldn't find any sides or rear yet. Hm?

Oz

Okay, I'll go half way... you only need to sand and shine one side and the back of yours so we have a good idea of what it would look like.  After you take the pictures, you can re-paint it.  How's that?  Seems fair, yes?

GOWINIGO

Once upon a time I had seen the side view of this rig....My google powers are no longer..... i??

LJ-TJ

Found it! God I got to get a life. D:oH!

HandyDan

So glad you found the picture.  That Winnie strikes quite the attention.  However, it's no Airstream. :)rotflmao
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Elandan2

Funny you mentioned the Airstream reference.  On one of our cross country trips, a piece of the siding on our Elandan came loose.  Apparently, the unit had been in an accident sometime in it's past and the siding was glued overtop the original siding.  The glue let go and the aluminum was loose and flapping in the wind.  Soooh, like any handyman, we got out Red Green's favorite tool, the duct tape and proceeded to tape it up until we could repair it at home.  As the trip wore on, there was more and more silver tape on the side of the motorhome.  Of course, I was laughing, saying that it wouldn't be long and it would look like and Airstream!!  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

ClydesdaleKevin

Too funny Rick!

It looks pretty neat all shiny aluminum...but can you imagine the maintenance to keep it shiny?  I'll take painted aluminum any day.

And I sure wouldn't want to be behind this guy if the sun was behind us and low in the sky...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

Funny you should mention the sun reflection.  I have a large mirror on the wall of the bedroom that faces the back of the coach.  I have had several people in cars following me that complain about it blinding them when the sun reflects off it.  If it wasn't glued to the wall, I'd take it down.  I don't like it there.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Oz

Put a towel over it while traveling.  Or, make a blow-up picture of your face and overlay the mirror so everyone behind you can see your big smile.

GOWINIGO