Recent posts

Chevy - GMC Chassis / Re: Hydroboost Upgrade conside...
Last post by jspringator - April 13, 2024, 06:19 AM
I had the new hydroboost unit installed. Wow, what a difference. Not exactly car like, but much closer than it was. Overall, it cost about $1,000. I ordered the part from Partsgeek, and my local garage charged me $600 to install it. Honestly, the brakes were so bad before it wasn't safe.  He didn't replace the pushrod. I had a copper sleeve, but he didn't need it. Works fine.
Project Blogs / Re: Mike's 1973 D22 Complete t...
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 13, 2024, 12:01 AM
The original aluminum skin is ripped on my "eyebrow"..At the top, like if it was scrapped with a tree branch..

The wood framing is rotted..So all needs to be remade..
I got some ideas about rebuilding this area from this boat builder..

Make the shape with plywood and then fiberglass, gelcoat it all nice..

Here are the 2 videos that got me up and running..

Can't watch it here for some reason..

Last post by LJ-TJ - April 12, 2024, 09:33 PM
 ??? Interesting. Can't say I've ever seen it done that way before. Not a bad thing just something new.
Chevy - GMC Chassis / 1987 winnebago chieftan 454 ma...
Last post by Herb - April 12, 2024, 04:00 PM
I need a passenger exhaust manifold with secondary air injection tube on it and a cannister?  Or, does anyone know where i can get a new set of headers?
Dodge - Chrysler Chassis / Re: Mike's A727 Rebuild
Last post by mytoolman - April 12, 2024, 03:12 PM
I chuckled when I first opened this post....your tear down bench is brilliant that isnt why I chuckled. You mentioned you used cardboard to act as a type of sponge "in case there was a transmission fluid leak of some kind".....I cant open a transmission quart container without having a clean up of some kind...lol...
This post was an excellent one so many nice pictures and details. I almost think I could do mine by looking at what you did if it there was a need
Coach / Re: Photos of Roof Repair & Re...
Last post by 78chief - April 12, 2024, 12:34 AM
Quote from: RockwoodMike on April 11, 2024, 10:56 PMhttps://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=15119.new#new

Take a look at this posting I just did..Last page..number 621

I think this will work..

Funny I found and was just reading your build thread when you post this. Keep up the good work
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 11, 2024, 10:56 PM
https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=15119.new#new

Take a look at this posting I just did..Last page..number 621

I think this will work..
Last post by RockwoodMike - April 11, 2024, 10:53 PM
I worked on the roof today..The front "eyebrow" area..

Making a tapered roof to transition to a flat panel eyebrow piece..

3 trial and errors..successful on the 4th..

Pic 1..The eyebrow is made in 4 section..just working on the top first section..I tried to bend plywood to flex to the contour I needed..And the plywood wasn't having anything to do with it..
So first piece is just a flat plywood, spanning the full width of the motorhome..The bottom matches the inside of the roof rafters that are tapered on the top edge of the rafters..

Pic 2 ..I made these individual triangles..11 of them..Thick in the middle tapering to thinner out towards the edge..The back edge of the pieces are lower than the finish plywood already installed..I believe the plywood is 3/8 thick that was done about 3 years ago..Yea I have been on this for a while!!

Pic 3..Using 5 mil plywood as a topper for these triangles  ..to flex and shape from a taper to a flat transition..Ply wood this thin lays down nice and conforms to shape!!..Found the 5 mil plywood at Lowe's

Pic 4..With a sanding disc on my grinder, just tapering the edge to match the 3/4 ply at the final edge..

I hope you can see how this works..I was thinking of filling in the triangle pieces with foam sanded down to shape to have a solid base to support the 5 mil plywood better.. 
Last post by 78chief - April 11, 2024, 06:52 PM
Quote from: RockwoodMike on April 11, 2024, 05:52 PMWell..I have been working on this all day and I am having one  $@!#@! of a time..I kinda wish I had not put so much taper to it..Going from a taper to flat with plywood is not going easy..

I am going to cut grooves on the back side of the plywood to make it flexible to create the transition..

Think this through..I think I have made a mess..maybe you shouldn't be listening to all this..I may have screwed up in a big way :-[ 

Sorry to hear your having trouble. I would think you would need to have the flat, but round out from there.  the sharp corner transition from the flat to the taper is probably the issue.