tripping breaker

Started by liquidwrench63, July 14, 2014, 06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidwrench63

Been having a problem with tripping breakers on the pole when i'm at campgrounds but when im at home and plug into my 30 amp box I put in it doesnt, I can run anything I want at home but instantly trips them when camping even on the 50 amp boxes

tiinytina

wondering if the poles are reversed on your rig and at home if its all connections when camping.....  Also if using an adapter maybe its the adapter?  I've fried a few....
Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Rickf1985

Are the campgrounds using GFI? You may have a fault and if you are using a regular non GFI outlet at home it will not trip.

pvoth1111

Sounds as though there is an issue with the neutral.
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

liquidwrench63

hmm no gfi at my place now i just have to find out whats wrong with my rig. It just started doing this 2 weeks ago. Any ideas where to start???

circleD

I use one of those testers that plug into the outlet with the lights on it to indicate what wire is crossed or wrong. Looks like a cord end with 3 prongs. It came in an electrical kit I got from Lowes for $25 along with a multimeter and a pen tester to see if a line is live.

legomybago

Drive it back to an rv park, turn off all your 110volt breakers, plug the rv into 110, then turn one breaker on at a time and see which circuit trips the breaker?? Thats what I would do I suppose? Hm?
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

piorun

My fridge will trip GFi breakers. Shut off your fridge and see if the breaker trips.

liquidwrench63

i did all that with shuting off breakers think i found the problem but wont be sure till i hook it up to a GFI the time delay relay was shorting to ground will post later if it was the problem. Was told by PO that he had to replace it once before

liquidwrench63

yes that was the problem took it out this weekend and all worked great did not trip breaker

M & J

M & J

legomybago

Quotethe time delay relay was shorting to ground

Was this relay inside your AC/DC converter for the automatic transfer switch?
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

liquidwrench63

yes it was right above transfer switch