is that Rare?

Started by lost00, March 23, 2015, 10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost00

I saw Picture of old Winnebago but i never seen that side has 2 doors?  is that rare? cuz most
60's to 77 only has 1 door on side? 

Lefty

Yes, quite rare. Winnebago sold a few 2 door Chieftains in the old body style as normal RV's. Such as the one you pictured. The later bodystyle was never offered as a RV with 2 doors. But Winnebago did make a commercial unit called a D27MI that was an incomplete motorhome. They had a normal front seat area, and a complete kitchen/bath in the rear, but the center section was left empty. The idea was that the final purchaser would build it however they needed. Some were bookmobiles, some were shops. Mine was originally a mobile office used at W.I.T. Club events. Mine was one of only two D27MI's sold in 1976.

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

JerryP

Still make the incomplete ones in the Brave/Tribute, complete cab area, plywood walls, and slides all the way back

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

lost00

interesting never seen before.. and like see other picture for inside..

eXodus

there are a lot of travel trailers which are coming with two doors. At a trailer it seems more like a standard feature in modern days.
They usually have a external door in the bathroom, building essentially a mudroom. Looks like a cool idea for me.

Don't know why they built all Motor homes with only one door.  Most of them had enough space in the Bedroom or Bath for a second door.

LJ-TJ

lost00

that cool!   i never seen fireplace and living room on picture!!!

Lefty

That's what mine was TJ... I tried finding that, as I remembered you had posted it before years ago. but I couldn't.
Mine came just like the one at the bottom...

I found the entire brochure tonight... I knew I had a copy of it.

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

lost00

thank for more picture..  that very interesting.. but i am sure very rare if someone have like one?  i dont see around like one
for 30 year.. 

LJ-TJ

They come up every now and then on e-bay and Craigs List.