sway bars for 73 Indian?

Started by yvan, July 24, 2014, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvan

Does any company make sway bars for a 73 Indian (Dodge Chassis)? Shocks are new, springs are good, but a good set of sway bars would help allot in keeping it between the lines.

Yvan

Proud Eyebrow RV owner since 2014

Oz

Actually, check your steering play.  That helps to stay between the lines more than anything else.  What is usually thought of as a problem only sway bars can correct is really that the steering gear hasn't been adjusted... like ever.  Not that sway bars and stabilizer wouldn't help, but you'll definitely want to do do this.  And, there are some other considerations as well, but start with this.

Good stuff in this topic, the steering adjustment instructions are about half way into it:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2092.msg3085#msg3085

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

yvan

Thanks, the steering box is adjusted (following those instructions) and also a steering stabilizer(shock absorber for the steering). The roads in Quebec are not the greatest and it's the side to side rocking of teh body over bumps and undulations that I would like to control a little better.
Yvan

Oz

Awesome!  You have a great jump on it then.  I'm sure our members will will "steer" you in the right direction.

Oh... I slay myself sometimes...  :)rotflmao

:)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

kenwautoone

Addco and hellwig make front and rear sway bars at summit racing . Look up dodge 3/4 truck or van

yvan

Yvan