Schmitti's '76 Winnebago

Started by Schmitti, July 18, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

Exodus, if you google APEX CASSETTE TOILET you can see the type of set up that the show said motorhomes use over there. I was wondering if Thomas will have to convert to a cassette set up to ........fit in.  But I agree with him about not changing . The cassette seems awkward:)

Schmitti

Continuing with the beautification of the interior.
The cornice in the living room is used:

The edge of the driver's compartment scored a final bar:

... And the dining room was lit:

Now even include baseboards go there and I can start to build the furniture.

Besides the new roof hatches and various stuff for the camp came Ingas:

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

Next we went to the renovation of the little ones.
The inner boxes, below the beds I've developed to make it easier to work on technique can.
Driver's side with the Truma heater and the fuse box:

Incl. removing the old carpet and its (perceived) 1,000,000 parentheses:

The passenger side where the water heater is, fared no better:

Just looks cleaner:

The gas main was already out into the vehicle and provided with a distributor:

Now That it went to the first line in the kitchen to the stove:

As the line was laid, was also carried out directly, a leak test and a test:

Since the stove so must be connected with a fixed gas line, the kitchen is also fully casually wandered into place. Observe all water connections to the sink (cold / hot water) were connected with:

Sorry, there was a negative surprise in the bunk bedroom. The ceiling panel had ugly old moisture damage, which is why I wanted to renew the inner cover. During disassembly, however, I realized that's still dripping wet the entire ceiling. The little one is now already for months in a dry hall - for that to dry by now, I'm completely open the ceiling:

Also on the roof was open:

The aluminum plate was removed for happiness in one piece, so it can also be used after drying

Next, the motor only once sealed in the hull and the transmission is in the full. For oils and seals have arrived at it:

40l oil and brake fluid - I think I need a separate oil source  D:oH! :D

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Schmitti

The front area is super dried out, so could a new headliner white plastic back inside. The red is just a protective film  ;)

Since the Winni's only half the seating is available and nothing suitable is raise, I've even made it:

Starting material:

beginning:

body:

The dimensions I have adapted to the existing seat. However changed so inconspicuous that the lower flap also can receive our seating Outdoor Furniture.

Externally, it looks even more sad:

Thomas

Rickf1985

Looking good. What I wouldn't give for a garage big enough to get mine in!

Schmitti

Thank you  :)ThmbUp
I can understand that, because I'm just a guest in this shop  :-[ . This is part of the happiness a very good friend who is not currently requires the space. The disadvantage is that the shop is 40mins away - but I can live ... better than to make the renovation on the road, because in my shop the Winni does not fit  $@!#@!

Thomas

sasktrini

You might want to re-evaluate the LP manifold / distribution block inside the cabin.  Leaks can develop on any joint, and could be deadly inside the cabin.  Keep up the good work!
Corey aka sasktrini

Schmitti

Since I have the highest respect for propane, I do not trust the old lines and renew all. Because as the material or saving money also in no. I use a Emerto system and secure all cables with additional brackets, so that neither this loosening can still get loosen.
Even if it is a German Wikipedia page, the pictures tell even from many things:
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Schneidring_fest.jpg&imgrefurl=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneidringverschraubung&h=768&w=1024&tbnid=ElVtQjFFt4b41M:&zoom=1&tbnh=97&tbnw=129&usg=__uI5dpWTynVdSnyDEGB8c76YRuTg=&docid=dDWHOQb0O7LPSM&sa=X&ei=RbN2VJPXBMa5ON-CgcAJ&ved=0CEMQ9QEwBQ&dur=714

Thomas

TerryH

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 26, 2014, 10:55 AM
Looking good. What I wouldn't give for a garage big enough to get mine in!

I agree. What a bonus having an inside area that large to work in.

As for your LP manifold, it looks (from your photo) to be at least equal to - if not superior to - most appliance connections I have seen - inside or outside of the cabin.
I would suspect that regulations in your country require a propane detector.
If not, based on your previous posts I would expect you do have one.
Please continue with the photos. :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

I notice those fittings are for fluid couplers but make no mention of gas. I suppose the pressure is no issue but what about gas permeability? Or the possibility of gas escaping through the material of the fitting. Gas and liquid are two totally different properties. Personally I think it would work but I would check to be sure.

Schmitti

@TerryH:
A detector is not mandatory in Germany - but I will later install 3 pieces along the main lines / branches. Here in Germany the gas lines are extremely picky and thoroughly investigated by an engineer, tested and approved for 2 years. after this period, the acceptance procedure starts from the beginning  D:oH! $@!#@! .

@ Rick1985:
Yes, you're absolutely right  :)ThmbUp , the website shown by link, describes the liquid line. The system is also explicitly for propane lines and is based on the same kind of compounds. Unfortunately, I have found for the propane lines not correct side and had to select them  :-[ .

Thomas

Schmitti

Under the vehicle it went. Here I renewed the seal of the engine oil pan.
Insight into a V8 crankshaft housing:

Also, the transmission oil pan fared no better and their seal and the oil filter were replaced.
Insight into the 3Gear Transmission:

The floor got his second polish and was sealed again:

I'm starting to get the surface that was given to:

Thomas

Schmitti

Other small steps that make little slow almost homely.
The corridor is completely dried out and looks great - as parquet flooring  :)clap

No, it's not wet ...  N:( ;)

The entrance area is now more inviting:

Since some work in the interior still present, I have designed carpet remnants for protection:

The new seat is primed and ready relation with the decor, wandered into place:

The living room also went with the whitening continues:

Thomas

Elandan2

Wow!  It is coming together nicely.  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

LJ-TJ

D:oH! Holy Cow! That's really coming along fantastic. Looks great. Nice job. Well done. :)ThmbUp

Schmitti

Schmitti

The back panel of the new seat was not in vain designed as it is. The cavity is then filled / the Work has begun.

Thomas

Schmitti

Let the Beat Goes On :)
The rear panel is put back in place. Now only missing the skirt.

Inside - unfortunately without wiring  W%

Thomas

LJ-TJ

You know the old saying you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Well I think that's just been proven wrong. Boys we've just seen how to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Schmitti  that is fine work your doing. I'd love to see the expression of the face of the first person to sit in that seat.>GRIN<

Schmitti

I'm gonna try, I do not forget it and take a picture of it  :laugh: .
And I really did not intend to destroy someone's "kidney stones" N:( . My goal is rather to generate a clean sound - because let's face it, the existing music system from 1976 has become something of date  ;) .

Thomas

sasktrini

Very cool!  I will be building a subwoofer box to fill the gap between my fresh water tank and the cockpit... all hidden under the sofa bed.  Built in cabinet.
Corey aka sasktrini

acenjason

acenjason

Schmitti

The propane lines have received their support.

The baseboards also drag a slow and rob me with your umpteen different mitres the nerve  $@!#@!

Thomas

Schmitti

In keeping with the cold weather we have the 24V Truma heating can take to the 12V power supply ultimately in operation and the dining room has table with homemade found its conclusion - only the pads are still missing.

Thomas