Spring Valley AZ to Flagstaff.. and beyond.

Started by DonD, July 11, 2014, 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Leaving Wed for Flagstaff KOA. Short drive only about 75 miles, all uphill with the new fuel pump   :)clap

Plan to see Bearizona, Grand Falls and take the train to The Grand Canyon. Home Sun.  Pics will be taken. Flag is 7000ft so the wx will be cool and monsoonie!
This trip will be with Neon in tow as in the pic.

http://bearizona.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Falls,_Arizona
http://www.thetrain.com/the-train/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=B%20-%20Grand%20Canyon%20Interest%20PHX%20Search%20Nonmobile&utm_content=Grand%20Canyon%20National%20Park
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DonD

Out of here in the morning. Weather: Mid 80's mid 50's.    :)clap
Don and Mary

ClydesdaleKevin

Have fun with the climb!  We went up I-17 when we left AZ this spring...but if we can make it towing the K5, then you should have no problem at all.  We were even able to keep up with the semi trucks...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DonD

Don and Mary

DonD

Made it OK, nice drive. When we climb long hills I get a gasoline smell. Only long pulls,not on shorter ones. Maybe when vac is low something..the evap sytem..allows fumes?
Have had this for quite a while. If I open the dog house I smell nothing but warm engine. In the back of the coach on those long pulls the odor is quite strong. All the fuel hoses are dry as far as I can tell. Any thoughts on this?
Don and Mary

Elandan2

Could it be fuel coming out of the gas cap? When going uphill the gasket on the cap may be allowing fuel to leak past.  I know that you will get a gas smell going up long grades if you forget to put the gas cap on  :-[  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

DonD

Went to The Grand Falls today, very nice. Saw some young Pronghorns along the road. Tomorrow we have res. for The Train. All day deal. We have been taking pics and those will go up when we get home.
Don and Mary

DonD

Did the KOA Krawl, under the MH and checked hoses for tightness. Aha! The gas supply line was loose enough to twist it at it's connection to the mechanical pump! Tightened it over a turn, it's now guduntite. Sunday's return trip will reveal success or not.
Don and Mary

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DonD

Well, we did BEARIZONA today and it was awesome!

Must head home tomorrow. This KOA in Flagstaff is OK, very busy but still quiet. The wi-fi is typical, slow at times. The elec.grid is crap in this section, lowest seen=97v, high=113, didn't even try the AC, cool enough anyhow at this el. Would stay again.
Don and Mary

DonD

The train ride on Friday was awesome too, good wx, food and nice ppl made the day.

Our towed, a Neon,had some starting issues but a quick switch of the horn relay for the starter one took care of it, Mary got tired of pushing    :P
Don and Mary

DonD

Home safe, the Magic Bus didn't have any issues coming home, there was a trace of gas smell after a long climb just for a few minutes. I will change the rubber gas line asap. It's only about a foot long.
Pulled the 6 percent grade at 45 with Neon in tow.
Don and Mary

ClydesdaleKevin

DonD

Don and Mary

DonD

OK, did the crawl and found the return line from the mech. pump had a stripped hose clamp. . Replaced it and found another clamp for the trans cooler loose...only 27 years old and already needs maintenance!

Should stop what little gas smell is left
Don and Mary

legomybago

You could say something like "it's ONLY got 50,000 miles on it". Yes, the 27 years kills all our stuff, not the low mileage we all most have on these rigs. ???
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DonD

A bit more crawling around the gas tank area. The fuel fill rubber looks very suspect but the vent!! Ah ha!! The gas cap doesn't seal well either, I can blow on the end of the filler pipe and easily overcome any seal. So new:

Cap
All rubber

Here's the vent rubber bit..There's a metal piece then more rubber which is OK.

Don and Mary

Mr. T

Do you eat off that table[size=78%]?????  [/size] W%

Don T.

[/size]
[/size]

DonD

Sure do eat off that table.

It's my work desk and I'm single  :)clap
Don and Mary

M & J

M & J

DonD

Mary's my S.O....   :)ThmbUp  We may get married someday, we've only known each other for 37 years. We're classics in our own way.   Hm?
Don and Mary

M & J

M & J