Start of the 2014 Dream Trip

Started by Froggy1936, June 25, 2014, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

Froggy1936

Thanks Guys  TJ i missed ya @ Ohio   Well procedure found 3 lesions 1 currently bleeding Repaired all 3  I hope this will be the end of the problem  The tool used goes an additional 6 ft into the stomach allowed discovery .  Really feel beat this time  More so than other times  Later Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

Well you hang tough big guy. I got a feeling were not going to be able to keep up with you once you get back on your feet.

Rickf1985

Hopefully once the blood supply builds back up you will be jogging again. You need to get some of that high energy blood from Tina!

Froggy1936

Well this time was much different from previous ones, Very sore throat .Took much longer for anesthesia to wear off , Feel more beat up in general ! You can really feel a difference when you have enough blood . Hopefully no more transfusions will be needed !   Thanks for all the well wishes !  Frank

Froggy1936

Well still had bleeding for a wile after procedure, So i cut my Aspirin to every other day . bleeding stopped in a day and as far as i can tell has stopped completely, feeling like a human again even getting some things done !  Now to decide if i want to spend $1500.00 for a set of tires or Selling Rig !  My Son wants to get a trailer !  :(   Frank

LJ-TJ

Well considering I don't know shoot from putty. Frank you're too free a spirit. Spend the $1,500.00 on the tires. Your to use to going when when the urge strikes. When you want, were you want. A trailer just doesn't fit. How you going to tow you boat. Bunking with the kids seems like a good idea at the time.  i?? FREEDOM :)clap :)rotflmao

joanfenn

I love the TJisms.  Always a refreshing point of view.  Thanks TJ.   :)

Rickf1985

Frank, I think this is a decision that only you can make. You have to honestly think about your health and say to yourself is is prudent for me to be on the road and out in the wilderness alone?
A little story, I had a great Uncle who after WWII became a prospector for gold and silver and later for uranium. He lived in an old WWII Dodge Army ambulance converted into a camper. He drove that thing everywhere and that man could live for months at a time out in the deserts of the western USA. He would come back to NJ once a year or so to see My grandmother, his sister. He would talk forever since he never had anyone to talk to for the most part. He would tell us of being robbed several times. He was shot once in the process and somehow managed to survive on his own out there. Last time we saw him he was still prospecting in the late 60's and he was in his 80's. He just disappeared. We never heard anything about him for 35 years until I got a letter from a retired Texas Ranger who had come across his truck in some very off the beaten track in New Mexico and his remains were still inside the truck on his bed. He told me it took two years for him to track down any living relatives and I was it. I still have his old tools, what few there were and a dairy he kept. It mentioned how he was not feeling well and had a fever and had had diarrhea. There were a couple of other entries but that was about it. The Ranger told me he had seen this before and it was most likely radiation poisoning from the years of uranium prospecting. But the point of the whole story is that he died doing exactly what he wanted to be doing. Living life his way.

So in the end it is all up to you. Hope I didn't depress or bore you with that story.

TerryH

Frank, I cannot embellish on Rick's post.
You have aided, assisted and entertained many of us here. In my case only a few years, but I have definitely benefited from your broad knowledge and advice.
I agree that it "is up to you".
I sincerely hope that your decision is what is best for you.
Think you deserve that.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

legomybago

Great short story Rick. Whatever choice you make Frank, will be best.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Froggy1936

:( Hate to lose my independence (winnebago) But just as i had to give up hunting alone , It may  be time Even though i do not go where there is nobody else around (like hunting) I am still considering ,  i?? Frank

Rickf1985