Start of the 2014 Dream Trip

Started by Froggy1936, June 25, 2014, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Murphy here My sister said I better wait Hurricane Matthew expected there by Fri Its a Cat 4 now in Hati  Its so easy for R/V,s to get blown off the road I had better wait another week with my current luck  N:( Oh well that's life  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

joanfenn

Rickf1985

I just looked at the weather and it is going to come right up the coast in some form or another and in any of those forms you do not want to be driving in it. Should be gone on by by Sunday.

Froggy1936

Due to all the damage to roads and towns & all the injurys i have decided to head home for election day then mabey in March try again ! Just saw where i was going to pass thru New Mexico they just had a Radiation leak Could be very serious Just another sign DONT GO ! Sister only lost 1 tree from all the rain soil could not support in high wind Fell on neighbors fence Minor damage I may try to detour to Elk county on the way home to see the Elk and do some boondocking   Later Frank

Rickf1985

Froggy1936

Still In Export (Pittsburgh area )

Rickf1985

Yea, I think this Indian summer is going to end real soon and then it is going to go the other way and you are not going to want to be in the RV at that point.

Froggy1936

Well decided to cancel trip to N Carolina/Texas & California Due to injurys and all the natural disasters that happened on my proposed route Decided to wait till spring Went up to Elk County to see the fall foilage and some animals Will post some picks as soon as i am rested ! Back at North Wales Frank

CapnDirk

"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Froggy1936

Captndirk  To better understand go to the beginning Pg 1 This is a trip i started in 2014 and  have not yet completed  Injuries on Pg 2   Frank !

CapnDirk

Oh my!  Thought you meant new injuries.  This tread needs to be a YouTube video/documentary like the wagons coming over the plains.

Imagine...... The camera and lights come up, a scene of wagons, Turkeys/livestock, women folk walking along side.  You start to hear a soft thunder which grows in volume until suddenly.......

A 1977 Winnebago goes bouncing past with a beep beep!

I'm on a roll this morning. :)rotflmao
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

Froggy1936

Yep Thats a good description With the driver hanging out the window trying to hold on to the steering wheel  :)rotflmao    Here are the pics from Elk County  Frank

Froggy1936

CapnDirk

Makes it all worth it, worth it all.  :)clap

Had to edit my previous post.  First sentence was shrunk down to microscope size.

Froggy1936

Well , Since last post Winnie blew a Power steering High Pressure hose to the Power Brake Master Cly Ordered a new one @ Advance (Motor home only ) But it is not the same (shorter) I installed it after heating and rebending the metal pipes , It fits but is only 1/16 of an in away from the spinning pulley for the P/S . So i had the rubber hose part of the old one replaced But the guy cut the metal ends off the old hose Then only made the total rubber part the same length as the old one Thereby ended up shorter than original Wich cleared the pulley by 1/2 in . So now the new one clears by 1/4 in It is solid and does not move around ,  But any how was trying to get started by the 21st (first day of summer) But my sister asked me to delay As she is haveing floors replaced in her double wide and is very busy right now, So another delay on my trip I have to add some freon to my roof air it is only putting out 58o at the outlet  Ordered valves and r22 from ebay wile waiting I am back @ parking spot in Export Looks like ill be going to Ohio after all @ end of July Then on to N Carolina Will update as i move on Trip I got 9.7 MPG North Wales to Export 298 mi Avg 60 MPH !Frank

M & J

M & J

Froggy1936

Well 2018 and still planning on trip The right little finger is still not back to normal , I think it is as good as it is ever going to be . Planned on leaving ASAP  Had a stress test/blood test done 4/25  Wile working on the winnie 5/3 the Dr called and said You must go to the emergency room ASAP Hemoglobin is down to 4,7 (normal 11.0 to 18.0) Mine has never been over 10.0  So 3 more pts of blood upper GI and 3 days in hosp , blood now 8.9 But Floor Dr discovered i am also wheezing diagnosis COPD . so now taking meds for that also & have to see a pulmonologist  5/31, Lung efficiency @ 71%. Scheduled colonoscopy 6/13,   results negative , Swallowed camera 6/22 results negative , Dr said ok to do what i want . Finish R/V prep and leave for Export 7/17 towing my boat .Arrive Export 7/18 @11:30 ! 7/19 gastroenterologist called and said further investigation found 2 bleeders in small intestine, Yea i made plans again STUPID ! When i told him i was now in Pittsburgh he said no problem they can do the procedure @ Pitt Medical & he would do some leg work and get back to me . My Advice is if you want to do anything do it before your 80th birthday After that Shi- Happens !  Frank

joanfenn

Rickf1985

I certainly hope the Doc will do the legwork since it was him that cleared you to go, what prompted the "further investigation"? Sounds like when a friend of mine was in a car accidne and flipped his Jeep several times. they released him from the hospital with a sprained neck. He got a call the next morning and was told NOT TO MOVE! An ambulance is on the way to get you. He had a severely broken neck!!!! He is now a rich man! AND a VERY, VERY lucky man!
I do not trust doctors at all but they have you by the, well, you know. As we age we need them and they know it.

Froggy1936

I had received a call from his nurse a few days after i had retrieved and sent the capsule into the testing lab in California  She said the results of the biopsy done at the time of the colonoscopy and of the camera were both negative . So i made plan,s ..............Mistake ! Then the Dr called me himself ???  But what can you do ?  You are at their mercy . They run the show ! Frank

Rickf1985

They run the show up to a point, I have fired several doctors because they thought that I did not need to know something. Wrong answer, movin' on.   Of coarse that doesn't bother them, us old farts are just dying to see them. W% :)   Yea I know, not one of my better jokes but true.

Froggy1936

Well They made all the arrangements, shipped necessary records etc . I am scheduled for a enteroscopy @ University of Pittsburgh  Medical center . tomorrow @ 1:45 arrival @11:30 time needed for paperwork and prep. This procedure is like a endoscope, but now they go into the plumbing further (beyond the stomach). Where the camera found two bleeders  Hope they fix them This having low hemoglobin is rough always feel like i just worked 12 hrs non stop.  Maybe this will fix my chronic anemia .  Frank 

tiinytina

hey Frank.. if you need a pint of 0- give me a buzz!  :angel:
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

LJ-TJ

Hey Old Bud, all the best. Lauren and T.J. Canada Eh! :)ThmbUp

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore