Northern Ohio, 2014

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, June 23, 2014, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Glad you were finally able to make it there . Hope you can get extracated without any damage , Good Luck !  & Safe Trip   Frank & Louie
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Final weekend was pretty good overall, so today we are pretty much taking the day off.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll be building a whole bunch more catapults...and then start the great packdown.  Our goal is to get out of here and on our way to the next faire on Thursday, or Friday at the latest.  I hope the rain holds off so we don't get stuck in the mud again...or have to BACK the RV down the long twisty driveway.  That will be a challenge if we have to do that...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

150 more catapults built today...still have to string them and stain them, but that will only take a couple of hours tomorrow.  Then the great packdown begins!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Catapults are all done and stained, and the shop is mostly packed up into tuppers.  Tomorrow I'll finish the packdown and bring everything back to camp, and load up Tetris style.  Friday the plan is to get the RV out of the soft ground and ready to head out, then on the road early Saturday morning.  Its about a 250 mile trip to the next faire, so its a short roadtrip this time!

Kev

M & J

Tetris style. Thats something I can visualize. Safe travels.
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Everything is loaded up except the porch furniture and a few things like a couple of gas cans and the 5 water jugs.  Today is the big day where we get the RV out of the soft ground and into the driveway...which HOPEFULLY will go relatively smoothly.  And then tomorrow morning early?  Off to Waynesville, Ohio for the Ohio Renaissance Festival!

And another good bit of news!  A friend of ours gifted us with a brand new RV dishwasher, countertop style!  I even know where we are going to install it...right over the washer/dryer cabinet.  SWEET!  Patti is going to like that idea...although we won't be using it when boondocking of course...lol  Since I already laid the groundwork with electrical and plumbing for the washer/dryer, it will be easy to modify and hook into the system semi-permanently.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Out of the mud and onto the high ground of the main driveway!  And don't even ask how long or labor intensive it ended up being with chains and a big comealong...an all day event and I'll never be the same...lol!

But almost ready to roll tomorrow!  I have to dump the grey tank, fill the freshwater tank, load a minimal amount of stuff, hang the bicycles on the ladder rack, get out to the main road, hook up the Blazer and all that that entails, and hopefully be out of here before noon.

It was a rough day...but would have been way rougher without such good friends.  I'm sure going to miss them until next year.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We arrived safely, no problems, at the Ohio Renaissance Festival parking lot...with a full tank of gas and a full propane tank.  I'm just now settling in with a beer, the genny is running the AC to take out the road heat, and the satellite is all hooked up for Patti so she can watch the 10pm showing of her show.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

Thus endeth this chapter!  Look for the next chapter of our adventures, Southern Ohio, 2014...coming soon!

Kev