Northern Ohio, 2014

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, June 23, 2014, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

It was a fun, if pretty slow and not very profitable, first day of faire!  And the pups loved being with us all day.  Although Paladin still doesn't like strangers, so we have to keep an eye on him.  As long as they ignore him, he ignores them...but people are stupid and we have to keep stupid people from trying to put their faces in his cute puppy face.  He doesn't like that AT ALL!  Karli of course loves everyone, no matter what they do or how they approach her.

Tomorrow is going to be another fun day, and again the pups are coming with us, of course.  I think this is going to be great for Paladin to socialize him and get him used to lots of strangers coming by.  I don't care if he doesn't want to snuggle up with strangers...he can be as aloof as he wants and ignore them to his heart's content.  I just don't want him biting anyone, even stupid people that deserve it...lol!

And on a happy note, a friend of mine has a bunch of scrap aluminum compartment door frame parts laying around, and I'll be able to fix the boo boo I made this past winter to the back of our RV...SWEET!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Just how cool is my 85 K5 Blazer, my awesomey truck of awesomeness? Today on the way to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire, there was a tree down across one of the back roads that goes to the faire. Patti was like, "What do we do now?". No problem babe, I reply, as cool as Bruce Campbell. I put the truck in drive, and pushed the tree off the road far enough to get past it. After moving the tree, I put the truck in reverse, then drove over the small upper branches, and we were on our way. "Holy shoot! I can't believe I just saw that!", said Patti. Yeah. My truck rules! You can't do that with a Honda or a Volkswagen!

K5-1
Tree-0

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

ibdilbert01

"85 K5 Blazer"

Very nice, they don't make them like they use too!!!  One reason I have never got rid of my 78 K10 is it just keeps on running, always reliable and cheap to work on.  295k miles and still running strong!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  Built like tanks, and easy to work on...and parts are cheap!  I've got about 4000 miles on a freshly rebuilt engine and transmission.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

I got the booth all set up today for the weekend, then realized I had to get more marshmallows, since we were down to 4 bags.  Off to the market and back to the booth, then back home.

Karli is in heat again, so while at the market I had to get some feminine pads for her "Pretty Pants."  Paladin is definitely interested this time...lol!  He's not eating much, that's for sure.  At least its a convenient time for it, since we can bring the pups to work with us at this Faire...and it also means that her next heat will occur during our winter vacation.  Awesome!  We don't want to spay or neuter either pup until they are at least 2 years old (66% less chance of hip dysplasia, and over a 60% less chance of bone cancers later in life if you wait until they are at least 2-3 years old), but we don't want a litter of pups either.

Weekend 2 at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire coming right up!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

And its raining...again.  Are we ever going to catch a break with the weather here?

Kev

M & J

Nope. Not for 4 days at least south of you where we're at.
M & J

jondecker76

Sorry if I missed it - but where in Ohio are you guys at?

We're in Ashtabula County

DaveVA78Chieftain

In the first paragraph of post #1 of this thread he said:

QuoteAnd thus begins a new chapter!  Due to circumstance beyond our control, Patti and I will be personally doing the Great Lakes Medieval Faire here in Rock Creek, OH...and then when this faire is over, going down and doing the Ohio Renaissance Festival for the first 4 weekends, before leaving to go to our North Carolina show.

In reply #2 he said after the current faire he will be going to southern Ohio:
QuoteIt runs from August 30th, to October 19th...we'll be there through September...and its located at 10542 East State Route 73, Waynesville, OH 45068.

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Not far from Ashtabula at all.  I actually think it is in Ashtabula county, although we are camping in Guaga county, if I spelled that right.

Not a bad day at faire today considering the forecast.  It was Time Traveler weekend, so people came out despite the forecast...a LOT of Dr. Who fans...and it didn't rain much afterall. Tomorrow's forecast is better, so hopefully we'll be at least as busy.

Karli and Paladin behaved very well today for puppies...and my factory spare tire carrier for the K5 Blazer arrived today (courtesy of a fellow I met on the ChevyK5Forum...all I had to do was pay shipping).  So I'll be installing that on Monday, giving the pups a lot more room in the back, and also preventing them from getting hurt on the spare tire. 

Overall, it was a fun day!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

A fun and decently busy day at faire today, although not a lot of shoppers...its like that sometimes.  Some days everyone just goes to the shows and they don't buy much...not many folks carrying packages today.  Some days are like that, unfortunately.  We did okay though, and had fun!

The pups behaved even better today.  Paladin still has a long way to go before he trusts strangers enough for them to approach him randomly...but at least he ignores them now for the most part...lol!  Its okay if he wants to be aloof.  I just don't want him being aggressive.  So far he's not, so its all good!  Karli of course is a little attention slut...lmao!

Tomorrow?  I'm going to paint and install the tire carrier in the back of the K5 and mount the spare tire...and do a few more things to make the back of the K5 safer and more comfy for the pups.  The steps I modified worked out great for them though!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Tire carrier was installed yesterday, along with making the K5 safe and comfy for the pups.  Still have to paint it, but its in and the pups will be safe and happy.

Spent most of the day today working on bicycles...lol!  Mine was fine, but I got Patti's ready to ride, and the two bikes of our friends were transformed from boat anchors into rideable machines. 

I had to get REALLY creative with one mountain bike since it was SO beat up with very few usable parts.  It is now a single speed mountain bike with only a front brake, but it works!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Pirate Weekend at the Faire today!  Lets hope we get some customers...

Kev

LJ-TJ

OK Kev, so much for peace and quiet. The throngs of Bago's are headed your way. We'll see you in Ohio.

ibdilbert01

Tinytina and I visited Kev and Patti at the faire today!   Its a neat faire, well worth visitingi
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClydesdaleKevin

Remember about 2 years ago I bought a cheap 40.00 water transfer pump to fill my freshwater tanks, and it failed horribly?  Glad I kept it!  By being creative where we are camped right now, I can use that pump, 160 feet of cobbled together scrap hoses, jumper cables, and my battery bank...and totally empty my grey water tanks without moving the RV.  SWEET!  The dump station is 160 feet away, and slightly up hill.  And that crappy NorthernTool pump did the job!  Took a while to empty 150 gallons of grey water at 2.0gpm...but it works!  About the only thing I ever bought from Northern Tool that DID work...lol!

Kev

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

tiinytina

SOOOO awesome to finally meet Patti and Kevin!  What a couple of wonderful people! and pups of course.. not to mention Sampson too! 
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

ClydesdaleKevin

Good times were had by all, and we can't wait for next year!  Great day at the faire today as well...the best so far at this little faire.  The parking lots were actually full!  This is the weirdest faire we've ever done!  The first 3 weekends reminded us of Kentucky...yesterday was lame as hell because of the weather forecast...and today was super busy like the faires we usually do.  Go figure.

Kev

Stripe

Nice..

Wait, isn't Northern Ohio where all the missing ballpoint pens and left socks end up at??  Hm?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

RedneckExpress

Do you have a Sleek 4G Cradle and and antenna for your Verizon Hotspot?    I use one of those to boost the signal on ours so that it's strong enough that we can even run magic jack through the hotspot :)
Follow along with me as I full-time the Redneck Way in [url=http://

LJ-TJ

Just back from a great gathering of Classic Winnebago's in Ohio. I always thought Ren Fair people a little strange but hey Kev you and Pattie seem quite normal. :)rotflmao Kidding it was great to finally meet you guys. Hope you can make it again next year.

ClydesdaleKevin

We'll be here every year from now on, LJ and TJ!  You guys are awesome...for Canadians...lol!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

A friend helped me fix my K5 Blazer today, and the job went quickly and was actually fun!  We replaced the faulty power brake booster and the leaking power steering high pressure line.  So now the brakes are finally working the way they are supposed to, and no more power steering fluid will leak all over the front axle...SWEET!!!  Sometime this week I'll be heading over to a do it yourself carwash to degrease and powerwash the crud from under the Blazer...if I have time.  Lots of catapults to build!

Kev