Northern Ohio, 2014

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, June 23, 2014, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

And thus begins a new chapter!  Due to circumstance beyond our control, Patti and I will be personally doing the Great Lakes Medieval Faire here in Rock Creek, OH...and then when this faire is over, going down and doing the Ohio Renaissance Festival for the first 4 weekends, before leaving to go to our North Carolina show.

So we will be in Ohio until the end of September!

I am going to divide our time in Ohio into 2 chapters, Northern and Southern.  This is the Northern Ohio chapter!

We have LOTS of stock, and I mean a LOT, so the workload won't be nearly as extreme as its been.  The booth we are renting at the faire is almost set up, but we still have plenty of time before this show opens to get it perfect.

Our friend and employee Crystal will be working with us at this Festival, and she's awesome!

This is a dog friendly show, so on the weekends we'll be bringing at least Barnabas with us, and probably the pups as well. 

Barnabas has been having health issues, so please keep our sweet old fellow in your prayers and thoughts.

And on a lighter happy note, we are camped only 5 miles or so from Jim and Lydia's place, so we'll be able to visit the Jam!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

Where in Ohio is the southern Faire Kevin?
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

It runs from August 30th, to October 19th...we'll be there through September...and its located at 10542 East State Route 73, Waynesville, OH 45068.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

One of the Lady's that did the report on the Sterling Ren Faire went to High School with me, I should ask her what's up. The guy that now owns it also owns the park in Sylvan beach too and keeps delaying it's reopening..  TBH, I'm surprised the Sylvan Beach park is still going to happen.  That place has opened and closed and changed hands so many times, I only go there now to swim at the beach if I were back home...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

LJ-TJ

Glad to here your going to be able to visit this year as many of us are looking forward to making your acquaintance.

ClydesdaleKevin

It is with deep sadness that I tell you that Barnabas will be crossing the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  He is suffering way too much.  Patti is inconsolable.  He is the best and sweetest dog ever.

Kev

joanfenn

I am so sorry to hear that Kevin.  I know what Patti is going through.  He will be playing with Sheba before long and they will both be looking after you all with their spirits.  Give him a big hug for me, he has a beautiful soul.

pvoth1111

We will all cross....our pets who love us just don't stick around long enough...but they are always there in our hearts.
We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

LJ-TJ

Man you guys just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to your pets. I feel bad for you as many of us here do. We've all lost close friends and can relate to your loss. Sorry my friend.

tiinytina

Ms. Charlotte was there to greet Barnabus... :-(  ... as was Fluff my mom in laws kitty today as well... along with the clan of family pups and kits and my horse Jake... always sad to lose family 

But awesome we will meet.. and yup.. i'll pack in all my Renny gear! woot woot! can't wait to hit another faire!

Tina

Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

LJ-TJ

Dave you going to be able to make North Ohio this year? i??

DaveVA78Chieftain

Doubtful.  I think I might be at my sons house in southern VA then.

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

moonlitcoyote

I am so very sorry for your loss Kevin I know how badly Patti feels, it took a few days before I could stop crying when we lost our baby girl. Sending you and Patti hugs.

ClydesdaleKevin

Hey guys!  Sorry about the dropping off the face of the earth thing again...lol!

Been busy setting up the booth, and hanging out with the pups.  Also met up with Tammy and Gregg Pratt, awesome people, and got to meet Jim and Lydia, also awesome people.

And guess what folks?  We'll be at the jam in Ohio this year...finally!  Looking forward to meeting you all in person, and seeing again some of you we haven't seen since the Nittany Mountain Jam!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Oh yeah...got off the cigs completely with some really awesome vape mods.  Patti and I are now smoke free and intend to stay that way.  The pups really like not having smoke in their eyes!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

OMG the doggies are having such a great time!  They get along GREAT with Winnebago dog!  Lots of chasing balls...and so far are thankfully ignoring the geese...lol!

The internet sucks here, even on Verizon...and we can't get a satellite signal at all, even though we have a clear view of the southern sky...gonna have to call Dish tech support about that one.

But sometimes you just have to step away from the world and read a book.  At least we get about 6 local stations from the antenna clearly and consistently. 

Fireworks are going off loudly, but our pups don't care.  They don't even seem to notice.

The rain is supposed to hold off until Tuesday, so hopefully we'll be able to get the RV into our campsite over the next couple of days.  The ground is pretty soft right now, but our temp spot is in the shade nicely.

We are going to have to finish setting up our booth after the weekend, but this weekend?  We are going to relax.

Faire starts next weekend!

Kev

Stripe

Hehe, enjoy the relax time.. :D 

Do you use a sat finder app or do you have a tool that dish provided?  I have an app for my phone that helps find satellite points using the sensors on the phone. Called Satellite Director.  For local stations I use TV Antenna Helper FREE.. Both are very handy and easy to use..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

We have the Dish Tailgater antenna that finds the satellites all by itself...as long as you put somewhere with a clear view of the southern sky.  For some reason it won't find the satellite here, although the system checks out a-okay. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Next weekend starts the Great Lakes Medieval Faire!  We still have a lot of work to do setting up the booth to get it ready for opening weekend, like hanging our sign and banners and a few pictures.  All the stock is made for at least the first few weekends, so it will be a semi-vacation for now, just weekend work, and working on the rig, and maybe the K5 Blazer.  I'm hoping we make some money at this faire...lol!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Lazy day today!  Went shopping, then came home and just hanged out with the wifey and pups.  Tomorrow we have to get busy setting up the booth.  Signs to hang, and stuff to bring back from the booth.  Gotta love being sorta on a vacation!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Not much was done yesterday besides playing ball with the pups, and watching a Justified marathon with the wifey.  Going to go work on setting up the booth today after I finish my morning coffee.  Gotta love a perc pot!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

A huge storm rolled through yesterday morning and knocked out the power for this whole area...so I turned on the solar panels and turned on the inverter.  Yay for a good system!  The power finally came back on this morning or sometime late last night.  Batteries held up well, and were at 12.4 when I got up this morning. 

I got the booth set up completely yesterday morning before the storm, and then Patti and I spend the rest of the stormy day watching Merlin, the BBC series. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Its going to be a super busy day today!  Faire starts tomorrow, so we have to go up to the booth and drop some things off...like marshmallows...and then set up the dog fencing behind our counter so the pups can hang out with us on the weekends.  They are really going to like that!  IF we have time, there is a local thrift market that we would like to go to, but it all depends on how fast we get our booth business taken care of.

Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow!  This is the first time we've operated out of a booth that customers can actually walk into.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Booth is all set up, dog pen in the back of the booth is secure...SWEET!  Opening day at the Great Lakes Medieval Faire tomorrow!  Should be great!  At least the pups will love it.  They don't have to stay home for once.

Kev