413 tune-up specs

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 26, 2008, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 11/12/2002 8:12 PM

I would like to give my 72 indian a good tune-up before putting her to bed for the winter, but need a little help.  I need the specs for plug gap, points gap and type, cap and rotor button type, timing settings, and engine idle rpms.  It has new wires but i would like to replace some of the ignition parts as well to give her a good tune-up.  Any help locating the type parts and where to get them would be greatly appreciated.  The local autozone and advance stores have no listings for the 413 dodge engine.  Mine is a m-400 chassis if that is needed.   swabby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can search online at kanters auto parts or a good napa parts store should be able to get what you need. specs can be found in a MOTORS truck manual. or get the book HOW TO HOTROD BIG BLOCK MOPARS at amazon.com›  chip

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plug gap: .035 inch                      Ignition Timing:  5 deg. B.T.C.
Idle Speed: 600 r.p.m.                Points Gap:  .013 - .018 inch.
Dwell : 28 - 32 deg.

As for part numbers, I'd go to NAPA.  They have books that cover our motorhomes and chassis types.  Have them look it up in the books under the chassis number.  While you're at it, I would consider switching to electronic ignition.       Colin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI Swabby, Check out this site,  I understand u can get owners manuals, skematics on old rigs. Not sure about mh's but worth a try. I had to order a owners manual for my van , looked at site and maybe will have manuals in what your looking for. the site is http://www.helm.com. This is ak. gal good luck hope thi helps, I have a 1966 MH ford straight 6 300 engine. Plan on checking this site out to see all it has in there. Let me know good luck 
Alaska gal