Full Timing in 4 Days (5 if things go nutty)

Started by Mental72, May 30, 2014, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mental72

Next week I'll be living full time in my 20X8. I'm moving from a town of 255,000 people in eastern Iowa to a town in western Iowa of 4,500. I grew up a county over, on a farm in the middle of nowhere. It's very rural, and flat. When I was growing up, all I wanted to do was get off the farm and into the big cities, now that I've been in the big cities (NYC, Seattle, Houston, yada yada), all I want to do is get back to the farm.

There's things that need to be addressed right away, this all came up a little quicker than I expected, but so far the ride's been fun. I have a bearing going out on my coleman roof air, it runs then gives the death squeek, then seizes up. Of course this all happens as it's getting hot and humid here in Iowa. I'll be at a site with electrical, so I can run my AC. I have the motor pulled already, and will take it to an electric motor shop in the town I'm going to, lotsa motors on farms. If I can squeeze just a few more miles out of that motor, I'd be pretty happy. If the problems with the bearing weren't enough, I lifted the dinning table too high and popped off the shaft and knob of the fan/ac selector switch, brilliant. Pulling the ac motor did make me notice I needed to clean the inside coil badly, so I'm kind of excited to see how the ac unit runs when it gets some much needed attention.

Before my RV moves anywhere though....it's getting painted. Quick and dirty, primer grey. I'm all for uniqueness, I'm a musician and artist. Some of my childhood friends own a theater and I'll be helping them with music and such, but I'm a single man in his 40's, driving a big, pink, RV...I might just roll the grey on. At least all the windows are straight lines, there's not a single curve on my RV.

I'm looking into a Verizon hot spot for internet, but like everything, there's a lot of options out there.
Don't mess with Iowa farmboys....we're a special breed.

Froggy1936

!-!  DEATH SQUEEK ! Now there is a very descriptive way of putting it ! Could apply to a lot of failures ! :)rotflmao  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Mental72

*smiles* I'm glad you gotta smile outta that. :)

I'm just so used to things blowing up when I'm around, I need to make all of their death sounds more descriptive.

Don't mess with Iowa farmboys....we're a special breed.

Stripe

Quote from: Mental72 on May 31, 2014, 03:37 PM
I'm just so used to things blowing up when I'm around

Pfft, I'm so used to that by now...  How do you think I got the nickname Stripe?  (Think, Gremlins, the movie..)
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

legomybago

Quotebut I'm a single man in his 40's, driving a big, pink, RV...I might just roll the grey on

hahaha....I agree, get some paint on her
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy