Hopkins Tire Pressure Monitor (LCD Screen) doesn't work after freezing

Started by Froggy1936, May 21, 2014, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Question for anybody ?I have a Hopkins tire pressue monitor (LCD screen) , pur 5/ 2012  It worked fine last season, But after last winters freezing temps ,it now wont reboot or provide a solid picture just keeps fast cycling thru all icons @ approx 20% brightness . Does anyone know for sure if 0o temps will destroy an LCD screen ?  It survived the previous winter no problem I do take my flat screen inside ea winter . :(  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Froggy1936

I received a reply on line to my question from an electronics expert. The operating range for LCD screens is  0oC to +50oc  In farinheit  this is freezing 32o F to approx +150o F There is an extended temperature application That is good down to -20oC and up to +170oC  So that says dont leave them out in freezing weather !  Lesson learned $100.00 for replacement monitor  $@!#@!  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

M & J

I've left our GPS's in the vehicles over our harsh winter - down to -18F a couple times and they are working even when it was cold. They were a little slow, but none experienced a problem.
M & J

Stripe

I would think humidity would kill the screens circuits faster than freezing temperatures..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

pvoth1111

We call our coach "Charlie Brown"