17.5" wheel covers / hubcaps fit what?

Started by PwrWgnWalt, May 21, 2014, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrWgnWalt

I found these wheelcovers / hubcaps and was hoping they would somehow adapt to my '77 Dodge M500 chassis, but... no dice, it ain't gonna work on my 19.5" Budd wheels.

They do appear to be for a 17.5 " wheel, but I am unsure, as they do not have an apparent tang to lock to the wheel.  Overall diameter is right on 19.0", edge to edge.

Can anyone tell me what these fit by looking at them (wheel size, and MH makes & models)?
They are NOS, but are a little dusty and have a little shelf wear. 

- Walt

Walt & Tina

DaveVA78Chieftain

Is there a mfg and P/N on the box they came in?
[move][/move]

M & J

They look like Holiday Rambler wheel covers.
M & J

PwrWgnWalt

The box is not the original, so no luck there.  I did not find anythign on the wheel covers, either, that would identify them. 

Did HR's have different wheel sizes, or were they standard?   (maybe, 17.5" ?)

It appears they are made to accept a centerpiece, which could be just about any mfr.
Walt & Tina

Oz

You're right, Walt.  They're not specific to any particular brand name.  I've seen these on a lot of different MHs.  Mostly Dodge Class Cs but I've also seen them on Class As.  From that, my assumption would be that they are generic to the wheel size.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

They are missing a few important parts..  I am going to go downstairs and take pics of mine to show you..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Stripe

Okay, sorry that took so long.

Here is how those caps work (at least on the 'Goose').

The knob with the reflector in the center...

It has a Bolt in it.

That in turn goes through the center hole..

Where there is a plate on the rim held in place by adjustable clamps.

To which the center knob bolts into.

Which holds the caps in place. 

When the caps get older the rubber pads on the inside eventually come un-taped from the caps and will cause wobble and unusual noises which will make you think your torque job after putting the wheel back on after installing new springs and airbags wasn't as good as you thought thus causing you to curse at yourself and keep pulling over and taking the cap off over and over again until it hits you that that ONE LITTLE RUBBER BIT has taken a Holiday... 

But I digress..  (I fixed the problem though for those wondering)

I hope that helps Walt!  BTW, Those look sweet!

Fredric,

Stripe

By the way, I know one name used for those rims was Del-Met...
Fredric,

Oz

They are used on Champions, but they are also used on other RVs as well, including Class C.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca