How to integrate radio speakers with tv

Started by Odss91b, April 29, 2014, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odss91b

Hey guys yet another question. Even with the volume all the way up on my tv, I can barely hear it. Yes I know I'm deaf from the army, however is there a way to hook up the speakers from the radio to the tv so we can all enjoy a movie throughout the coach?

Seann

Stripe

Easy, if your stereo has either a tape player, cd player, aux in or just a plain tuner.  All of these assume your tv has a 3.5mm audio out jack or RCA stereo out jacks. 

If your tv has RCA output then get an adapter that turns your RCA out to 3.5mm female jack.
As in this example:
http://www.cablewholesale.com/products/audio-video-products/audio-video/product-30s1-01260.php?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&zmam=54972865&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=30S1-01260&gclid=CNfmpvTUh74CFQqEfgodFaUAfQ

These are available just about anywhere that sells audio or TV equipment.

If you have just a tuner or radio, or one with no tape and just cd get one of these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-FM-Transmitter/14666784

It's an FM transmitter you tune to your radio.

If you have a stereo with a tape player, then one of these will work:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cassette-Adapter/16553075

Now the Easiest of easy is if your radio has a 3.5mm aux input, in which case all you need is a 3.5mm male to male extension jack .
As in this example:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Mini-Stereo-Audio-Cable-12/17781905?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_top&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=73919867238&category=0%3A3944%3A77622%3A1076626&client_guid=a4a8cb0e-96d2-4e3b-a7ca-71e90f054480&config_id=2&parent_item_id=15779608&guid=b152848a-6c5e-412e-b847-6859c8b44ab0&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n#ProductDetail

These come in a variety of lengths, the link I provided is 12' 3.5mm..

Anyhoo, hope this helps you out..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

tiinytina

The other alternative is to get a set of Computer speakers and plug them into the TV speaker jack.  I found a set that even had a sub woofer with it.   I found small 3" square computer speakers and we mounted them under the cabinets where the TV is.  Works well for us.  I put the subwoofer under the dinette seat. 

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Froggy1936

I just tell my son what i want to do and Viola it gets done !  N:( i?? :)rotflmao
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Odss91b

I wish I had a voila and it's done! LOL! I have to pull the tv out to see what connections it has.

Stripe

Quote from: Odss91b on April 30, 2014, 08:50 PM
I wish I had a voila and it's done! LOL! I have to pull the tv out to see what connections it has.

Uh oh, is it the original TV from 1989???  Also have you posted pictures of your Chieftain?
Fredric,

Odss91b

ramit

QuoteI just tell my son what i want to do and Viola it gets done !  N:( i?? :)rotflmao

wish i had viola too ..send that son here install this fan dont look like much fun

DonD

Picked up an FM transmitter, works great!!

PLUS..It allows hands free use of our dumb phones!!!
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Stripe

Fredric,

legomybago

M & J

Honestly you need an FM radio..........
M & J

Stripe

Fredric,

TripleJ

Speaking of FM transmitter, years ago I bought an FM transmitter kit that is supposed to be able to broadcast your own selectable FM signal something like 500 yards.  I never did put that thing together. 

I think I'll dig that kit out,put it together and start my own campground radio station. Hm?
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Stripe

Quote from: legomybago on May 13, 2014, 10:08 AM
I need an AM transmitter..........

Quote from: oldrockandroller on May 13, 2014, 10:17 AM
Honestly you need an FM radio..........

And get a Mister Microphone!!

"Hey good lookin'! We'll be back to pick you up later!!"
Fredric,

legomybago

The kids in the back can be playin with the "Speak and Spell" too!

Stripe

Quote from: legomybago on May 14, 2014, 02:52 PM
The kids in the back can be playin with the "Speak and Spell" too!
:)rotflmao
Fredric,