Getting our 1989 Winnebago Warrior 22EC ready for the road...

Started by engineer bill, May 13, 2014, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Under the hood, behind the big metal plate in front of the driver. Circuit breakers. There is one and I cannot remember what it is marked but it does not make sense but it is 40 amp if I remember correctly, see if that popped. That will shut down the control center.
Another possibility is if you reach up behind the range hood over the stove you will feel a plastic square, it is a fuse. If you poke at it and push to one side or the other it will pop out. Check that one also if the one under the hood is good. My range hood vent fan will blow that fuse and I lose everything including the fridge.

sasktrini

Thanks.  It is painted, just reflecting my tan interior.
Corey aka sasktrini

engineer bill

Rick,

Ours must be a bit different from yours. We don't have a fuse (that I can find) behind the range hood. Also no "big plate" under the hood. Maybe you could snap a picture of yours.

We do have a removable cover over our converter which when removed allows access to 4 circuit breakers and 5 fuses. None are labeled "Fridge" and besides, all apear to be ok.

Oh, and our furnace is out now as well. Hopefully a fuse, just need to find it.
"on the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again..."
thanks to Willie Nelson

Bnova

Does any of the other DC stuff work, lights, water pump, etc.?

Bnova

If you've got a VOM with you could check to see if and what you've got coming into and going out of the control center. 

If you don't have any DC coming into it, there may be a problem down by the coach batteries, relay, circuit breaker or something like that.  Mine, which is probably not like yours, but it has auto resetting CBs in the battery compartment, those can and do take a dump once in a while.  One of them feeds the DC power to the control center.

I would start by unplugging from shore power and start probing with the meter.

engineer bill

thanks to Willie Nelson

engineer bill

Quote from: Bnova on July 23, 2015, 01:37 PM
Does any of the other DC stuff work, lights, water pump, etc.?
Yes, all dc works except dead control panel on the fridge itself.
thanks to Willie Nelson

engineer bill

We're camping this week so I'll have to postpone diving into it until we get back on the weekend. I did pop the battery box cover and a quick visual inspection shows no obvious problems. Same with the outside access hatch to the fridge. My DVM seems to be MIA 😕  so I'll just have to wait and wonder.
thanks to Willie Nelson

engineer bill

Oh, and the furnace: fan starts then after a bit I hear the igniter (three times) but no whoosh. Sadly, the same symptoms as last year before $$$$ repair.
thanks to Willie Nelson

engineer bill

Quote from: Bnova on July 23, 2015, 01:44 PM
I would start by unplugging from shore power and start probing with the meter.

Will do and will report back here. Thanks gang.
thanks to Willie Nelson

Bnova

Quote from: engineer bill on July 23, 2015, 10:05 PM
Yes, all dc works except dead control panel on the fridge itself.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the control center, my mistake.

JessEm

Quote from: engineer bill on July 23, 2015, 10:13 PM
My DVM seems to be MIA 😕  so I'll just have to wait and wonder WAW.

There I fixed it.

Sorry that's all I got.  W% As you were, carry on, ect.  :laugh:

Rickf1985

Rickf1985

I have a flip up wood door over the fridge that has all of the coach pop out fuses in it, there is one for the fridge in there. You fuses may not be in the same place but you should have a panel somewhere with a set of pop out fuses for all of the systems in the coach. It should be in the coach somewhere.

engineer bill

Sorry for any confusion. I'm talking about the Norcold fridge control panel:
(picture from right to left)
1. power: on-off,
2. mode: ac-dc-lpg,
3. temperature setting: 1 thru 9,
4. LED display: on light, tem setting and mode.

It has been working fine but after filling it with a bunch of groceries and driving 100 miles the display is completely dark and unresponsive to the buttons. The power converter fuses and circuit breakers are ok and every thing else works.
thanks to Willie Nelson

Rickf1985

Time to find the manual on here if we have it and hopefully it will have a troubleshooting tree to follow. I am guessing that by now the food is history. If we do not have the manual you may be able to Google the model and find it that way.

engineer bill

Rick,
I guess I missed your post while I was composing and posting mine. My configutation is a bit different. I have a metal cover over the power converter etc. inside (dims approx 18" x 12"). Underneath are 5 fuses and 3 cb. All look good but like I said, no DVM right now. I wonder if there is a fridge fuse located elsewhere?
thanks to Willie Nelson

engineer bill

Yes, I've got the manual, just can't see it well enough. I need to upgrade my eyes to Mod. V I guess.  :(
thanks to Willie Nelson

Bnova

Ok, so Froggy says that without DC power the fridge will not operate in any other mode then either. 

And with the fridge panel having gone dead, that would be a good indication that there's probably no DC power to it. 

Now on my 1986 Winnebago, the fridge power does not come from the "Power Control Center", it comes from the coach battery to the (coach/chassis) battery relay, this relay is in the coach battery comp.  (Now it doesn't actually go through this relay, it's just attached to the same terminal that the battery cable is attached to).  From that relay terminal, it goes through an auto resetting 20 amp CB which on my MH, is mounted inside the coach battery compartment.  From that CB it goes directly to the fridge.

So basically it goes from batt to CB to fridge and nothing else in between.  If yours is set up like this it will be pretty easy to troubleshoot that part of it.

Rickf1985

Quote from: engineer bill on July 24, 2015, 10:15 AM
Rick,
I guess I missed your post while I was composing and posting mine. My configutation is a bit different. I have a metal cover over the power converter etc. inside (dims approx 18" x 12"). Underneath are 5 fuses and 3 cb. All look good but like I said, no DVM right now. I wonder if there is a fridge fuse located elsewhere?
The panel I am talking about here is under the hood out front and has all of the circuit breakers for the entire vehicle. The circuit breaker I was talking about was the one that controls the DC power control panel on the inside of the coach. Now I realize that you do have power to that but you do not have power to the fridge. The fuses you are referring to in the converter are NOT the same as the ones I am referring to. I will get a picture tonight and e-mail it to you. Yes Mark, I know, put it on here for everyone to see. I will but I am super busy right now and I do not have time to be posting to Photobucket first and then dealing with all of that. I will get it up here if it is needed. Bill kind of needs it now.

legomybago

Our fridge has a fuse located in the back of the unit, down low on the left if you were looking at the back of the fridge from the exterior access panel. I had issues once of the fridge not getting DC from the engine battery, so the fridge wouldn't work. My problem was just a loose connection...
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Bnova

Looking at the drawing I could get from Winnebago Ind (for a 1990 Warrior EC) it shows a circuit breaker panel and a fuse panel all in one big box.  The CB panel has the 20 amp CB for the fridge and three other CBs, the fuse panel may be for the chassis.

From the drawing it appears to be above the floor and about 12 inches aft of the front axle center line.  I'm thinking it would be up under the dash.

Don't know if the 89 Warrior would be the same or not.

Rickf1985

Bill, e-mailed those pics to you. I also looked at the pics of your unit from the first page of this thread and I doubt you have the under hood box like mine, your front end is way different from mine. I do see however that there appears to maybe be a panel in the area that Bnova described in the left kick panel?

Rickf1985

I took the pictures on my phone and have no clue how to get them from there to here so if anyone wants me to email the pics to them to put on here for me or if they can tell me how I will try when I get time.

Bnova

Rick, that's it! 

In the first pic of the under dash wiring (on the first page) you can see the chassis fuse panel and just to the left of it is the CB panel with the two oval shaped cut-outs in it. 

Take that front cover (with the oval holes) off and the CBs are in there or maybe mounted to the back side of the cover.  Should be fastened (if I remember correctly) with a quarter turn fastener on each corner.

This is what I found in the elec drawings I was looking at earlier today on the 1990 Warrior EC.