Need city water inlet with check valve

Started by HandyDan, May 06, 2014, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

I need to replace the city water inlet because the check valve no longer seals.  The original check valve has a plastic ball held with a spring that sealed in a hole to prevent water from backflowing out from the holding tank.  The plastic ball has deteriorated to the point that water spews out of the inlet whenever pressure is applied to the water line.  What I am looking for is shown below.  However, I can't find any retail place that carries it.  Most of what I am finding is like the second picture.  It would work, but I would have to reconfigure the whole inlet to accommodate it.  Does anyone know where the Anderson valve can be had?
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

circleD

I would say try Lowes or Walmarts camping section  i??

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

legomybago

I just had to do the same job...same parts you are showing...I just purchased the lower pic set up you show, and usually they are the check valve and the regulator all in one. I liked the idea of having one unit instead of two myself. They do make a fancy exterior inlet in chrome and other configurations too.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DaveVA78Chieftain

I suspect you will have to get a 1/2" check valve and a water hose adaptor.

Dave
[move][/move]

circleD

Hey Dan, did you ever get this done? I'm about to start on my plumbing stuff.

pvoth1111

We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

HandyDan

Never did get it done.  Been looking at several alternatives, but was hoping I would finally find something like the original, but never have.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star