Flexsteel Adjustble Seat auto reset thermal breaker alternative replacement

Started by Stripe, May 05, 2014, 06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Not so much a project as it is a tech subject.  A while back I was having problems with my Flexsteel seat in the Aluminum Goose.  I soon discovered that the thermal breaker was constantly being shaken loose from the holder.
No matter how many times I would try crimping the holder to make a tighter grip on the breaker it wouldn't keep tight.

After taking a closer look at the holder for the breaker I noticed the wires were attached to the holder using spade/blade connectors.
Here is a closeup shot of the holder.

As you can see I disconnected the wires from the holder. Notice that it looks like it could hold a buss fuse? This could confuse someone who might have a problem with this if the breaker were already missing.
Put a buss fuse in there and it would blow if you hold a seat switch for too long.

This pic is of a similar type of breaker except the "feet" that plug into the holder point OUT not in as in this picture..

Again the one I had the "feet" pointed out..

This is a pic of the replacement breaker I had to use as the old style is hard to get a hold of.

Shiny, but no tube 'feet'

That's okay because in this next pic you see that I took the wires that were attached to the holder and attached them directly to the blades on the new breaker after I trimmed them down.

I'll figure out a better way to secure this breaker later but for now it works.  The seat now works consistently..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

circleD

Stripe

Fredric,

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

circleD

Well I wasn't going to say it  :D. But yea, don't be that guy/P.O.

Stripe

Fredric,