1987 EMC Encore Class A

Started by Rambunctious, May 01, 2014, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambunctious

I just finished upgrading my DC power converter and fuse line. I rebuilt the brakes, new wheel/brake cylinders new shocks, new batteries, rebuilt the carb, new plugs and wires and new mufflers , new stabilizers.  Hm? now whats next? Oh yeah the leak in the windshield...so are you sure want to own a vintage RV?  D:oH!

cosmic

you got lucky. you only had to fix the real simple stuff.

Mr. T

And I thought my 1985 Encore was in bad shape.  I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

Don

TripleJ

Pay now or pay later..... Or... Pay later again i??  I bought one that needed repairs because I don't want to laydown 10 or $15,000, or worse take a loan out, for what is essentially a toy. And when I'm done with it I can almost guarantee I'll never be stranded and not know how to take care of it myself  :)ThmbUp
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Rambunctious

It's in real good shape for a 1987. It only has 69000 miles on it. I'm just a perfectionist. We have real fun with it. We've been camping 7 times this year...lol :D

Rambunctious

What did you all have to fix?

Rambunctious

Quote from: Mr. T on May 01, 2014, 07:58 PM
And I thought my 1985 Encore was in bad shape.  I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

Don
WE love it! It's a little tight inside. Our emc is under 30' and of course no slide outs and no walk around bed but it's just the two of us. What did you have to do to your encore?

Stripe

Pics, or it ain't real...  N:(
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Mr. T

Brakes all around.  New tires.  New starter.  Circuit board for furnace.  New house batteries.  Converted steps to manual operation.  Some wiring under the dash to make the wipers work.  Cleaned carb on generator and adjusted to specs.  Probably more, but I forget.

Mine is 28 foot.  I use it to haul me and my dogs to shows, so the size is perfect.  Oh, now I remember, I added a tow hitch to haul a toad with me.  The dash A/C compressor needs replacing, but in no hurry.  I like using the house ac while on the road.  Keeps the dogs comfortable.

Don

TripleJ

Quote from: Stripe on May 02, 2014, 07:51 PM
Pics, or it ain't real...  N:(

X2

Sorry, it's super mandatory W%
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Rambunctious

Here is my picture of my 1987 emc encore

Stripe

Let me be the first to type, I Like it!  Looks cool.. :)ThmbUp

Where are the fusion generators? ???
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rambunctious

Quote from: Stripe on May 08, 2014, 01:18 AM
Let me be the first to type, I Like it!  Looks cool.. :)ThmbUp

Where are the fusion generators? ???

Hm? ... :D ...thank you

thomas

that looks exactly like my eme encore ,id love to know where to ge ahold of a owners manual.or any other books or such that came with the rv originaly. and aare there other web sites that i can find more of this brand of rv thanks alot  ill leave my cell number for anyone that can get back to me in case i cant find my way back to this web site ,,im real new with using computers 

admin edit

Rickf1985

If you are new to computers the first thing you should know is the find the "edit Post" button on the right and edit out your phone number! You will be getting hundreds of spam calls within days. If someone needs to contact you the best way is private message.

Bamboozled

We have just purchased our first motorhome to replace the 5th wheel trailer we currently live in. The gentleman that we purchased it from was in a big rush to get the deal done as he had somewhere else to be. But he gave us a quick run-down on how to do the basics. Seemed simple enough, but now we can't figure out how to do what he showed us with the same end result. There are a bunch of switches everywhere and no labels. Does anyone know how to get an operating manual for just the basics? How to turn on the furnace, light the oven, switch from ac to DC, etc.? Thanks

Feeling Bamboozled in Washington

Pics to come later

Rickf1985

Pics are definitely going to be needed here to be of any help. The furnace and hot water should be fairly intuitive. the furnace is usually a switch on the bottom of the thermostat and the hot water will normally be in a bank of switches with the water pump and tank level indicators. This is normal practice but without any pictures of your interior it is kind of hard to pinpoint anything. You should have DC power all the time if your house batteries are good and the main switch is on. AC is accomplished by plugging in the shore power cable to on appropriate outlet OR plugging it into the generator outlet that is usually in the same cabinet as the shore power cord. Unless you have an automatic transfer switch, this is usually only on higher end RV's and later units.

Bamboozled

We have figured out a few things  Found the water pump and heater. Got the furnace to light up once, it had a blown fuse. Put in the new fuse and it started right up, ran for awhile and went off like normal and has never come on again  Fuse is fine it just doesn't light. So on a new note, does anyone know where I can find the general information about my Encore? My husband wants to know what engine is in it  Would be nice to find some type of wiring diagram for the batteries. It looks like someone has modified ours and we have no clue as to what it's supposed to look like. I'll be back with more questions soon as I know that I am forgetting 95% of what he wants answers to  Thanks for the help so far! I'll take some pictures tomorrow and update my profile some.