Wierd Looking Valves - Anyone Know What this is??

Started by Wbago, April 23, 2014, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbago

Hiya all :D

Couple of fotos for you to squint at, first is my rear bumper showing this metal cover mounted underneath .. .
second is a foto from underneath, showing the pipework attached to 3 valves that sit behind the plate . .. .

the single pipe travels about 3 ft under the rear, then disappears up into the body, where the power converter is fitted, under the wardrobe inside . .. .. i got NO CLUE what this is, or what it may be connected to, ideas are welcome lol :D

thanks in advance, ppl :D

kattkisson

I have 1 valve that looks similar that is a vent for the blackwater tank.  I don't know why it is there with all the stack vents, etc but it is.

Oz

Can you follow the lines back and see where they go?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Wbago

got about 3 ft of visible tube, then it diverts up into the floor .. cant see where it comes in from inside, but its under the wardrobe, with the water tank and the power converter

my own guesses are:

lpg for an external grill ... dunno why itd need 3 ports tho ....
water connections?
air connections for trailer brakes ?? ... like a drawbar trailer has ??
compressor connections ? . .. i dont got one, but maybe there used to be one? :P

but these are only guesses, in reality i gots NO CLUE lol :D

piorun

Mine has the same thing and I taught it has something to do with the heater under the bed.

Stripe

Data, data, data..  I can't make bricks without clay!

Does that metal plate in front of it swing open? What else is under the wardrobe? Are you sure it doesn't make a sharp turn forward or aft after it come up into the cubby maybe under a carpet?

Is there a switch on your dash that says "Oil Slick"??

Also, dun be surprised when Dave reads this and says, "That is the ____ for the ____..."  And then provides a link to the relative document..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985

That is the black water drain and should have a sign that says "Only use on a really rainy day and above 60 MPH" W%

MotorPro

They are fuel tank vents that were added under the recall.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

moonlitcoyote

I agree with MotorPro as I once had gas leak out from them while I was filling my tank. I no longer fill it to totally full.

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985